• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Silver_Surfer's First August Pods 8-04-09

My harvest this morning was 3 pounds and 15ozs. OK, OK... no poblanos. ;-)
W/O the poblanos the weight was 2 pounds and 7ozs.
DSCN0904.jpg

Rellanos for supper tonight. :-)
DSCN0906.jpg

The Habs made one surprising spurt of ripe pods this time.
Maybe that 4 day stretch of rain had something to do with it.
DSCN0918.jpg

Fatalii and a few more Fish.
I expect the Fatalii harvest to decline as there aren't many more full sized green ones left.
DSCN0908.jpg

continued...

The Nagas have just about finished this wave of pods too and harvested ripe pods will steadily decrease
now while the wait for the new Naga sets to mature begins. Only two ripe pods from the 2nd year Datil this
round, but it is setting more and the 2 first year plants I expect to ripen a wave soon.
DSCN0909.jpg

The fate of the previous harvest. Actually the dried Habs came from the prior 2 harvests.
DSCN0922.jpg

That's it for now. I expect the next harvest to be meager at best, but I'm not complaining.
I've already packed away more than enough to keep me warm this winter. :onfire:

great looking pods SS...you, like I are in the "down time" for harvesting it looks like...I bet I don't get 3 lbs this coming Sunday...

when do your fall harvest start to pick up?

AlabamaJack said:
great looking pods SS...you, like I are in the "down time" for harvesting it looks like...I bet I don't get 3 lbs this coming Sunday...

when do your fall harvest start to pick up?

Thanks AJ. This is my second year for container growing so I don't think that's enough to establish a trend, but I would say around the end of September or early October.

millworkman said:
Looking killer still. Do you eat many fresh pods, or mostly dried up for spices and powders?

Thank you MW. I eat some fresh pods, but the majority are used while cooking or for powders, pickled, and sauces.

What time is dinner SS, stuffed chili rellanos are one of my favorite food of all time and those pabalanos look terrific. Enjoy that dinner and be sure to stuff some Nagas in one and Fatallis in another. I'm getting so hungry just thinking what's for dinner SS.:drooling::drooling::drooling:

Beautiful pods and pics SS! I'm right there w Cappy on the Chile Rellenos, love those things. Had to pick 8 Numex Big Jims this morning to de-stress the plant and poppers are on the menu for tonight. Trying a new recipe with garlic, cheese and sun dried tomatoes as main stuffing ingredients. Bits of Naga and 7 Pot in there for heat. Small bits of 7 Pot. Very small. :lol:

Great looking ripe pods and a great harvest over all. Also thank you for posting the poblanos as I too planted some for rellanos and wasn't sure how big the got...now I have a good idea.

Thanks everyone!

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
What time is dinner SS, stuffed chili rellanos are one of my favorite food of all time and those pabalanos look terrific. Enjoy that dinner and be sure to stuff some Nagas in one and Fatallis in another. I'm getting so hungry just thinking what's for dinner SS.

Dinner is over PRF, sorry you missed it. It was very tasty and a few were spiked with a small dab of Naga paste. :hell:

bigt said:
Beautiful pods and pics SS! I'm right there w Cappy on the Chile Rellenos, love those things. Had to pick 8 Numex Big Jims this morning to de-stress the plant and poppers are on the menu for tonight. Trying a new recipe with garlic, cheese and sun dried tomatoes as main stuffing ingredients. Bits of Naga and 7 Pot in there for heat. Small bits of 7 Pot. Very small. :lol:

I hear ya; used a little dab from a Naga concentrate/paste jar and the rule of thumb is a little dab'll do ya. :mouthonfire:

I used a little garlic with some Pepper Jack but the sundried tomato idea sounds great and is filed away for the next time.

Looking fantastic SS.

I found two pods on a Trinidad Scorpion that were slightly red this morning. I'm catching up!:rolleyes:

Back