vendor TexasHotPeppers

This is my first review, and the first box of fresh pods I have purchased from a THP user. I just wanted to write a quick review regarding the $14 SFRB I purchased from TexasHotPeppers last week.  I was absolutely floored when I opened the box.  First off, the box arrived 2 days after I sent him my payment.  Not only was the box shipped extremely fast but he bumped up the size of the box to a larger size, free of charge, and stuffed the box full of peppers.  I ordered 10 different varieties, which were labeled, and he also included another 7-10 varieties to try.

Now to the quality and freshness of the pods....  All I can say is WOW!!  There is no doubt that every pod  was ripe and  picked right off the plant the day he shipped my box.  When I received the box, every pod was firm and had a nice crisp texture when I bit into the pod.  Out of the 15-20 varieties he sent me, the pods are still firm 4 days later including the supers which always seem to be the first to go soft from my experience.

I would highly recommend buying a box from this guy; I know I will be ordering another box in the very near future.  He even went out of his was to message me to make sure that I received the box and that I was happy with my order.  This seller is A++ in my book.

IMG_1115_zpsij469kyp.jpg

IMG_1116_zpsnjruew8s.jpg

IMG_1117_zpsokpwvdwd.jpg

I’m getting pretty good germination rates from the seeds I ordered. I’m not going to do the math for germ rates, but I planted seeds and I have some plants started. I’m lovin it.

I placed an order on May 14th (Thursday) and received a mail informing me that the seeds were in the mail on May 19th (Thuesday), which is confirmed by USPS's date stamp on the envelope.

A date stamp from Correos de Mexico tells me that it arrived in my locality on June 18th. Today, July 24th, the mail man delivered me the letter... The distance between Dallas and my locality is 2000 km (as the crow flies); according to Google, I'm at 2 km from my locality's post office (urbanised area; not necessary to cross rapids or ravines). Nevertheless, both stretches needed the same amount of time  :rolleyes:

THP is not to be blamed for this, off course. So far, I'm happy with their service. Sachets are glued inside a greeting card, mailed in an ordinary envelope. That's how I like it :thumbsup:

I used the 10% discount coupon. I ordered 11 items but 13 were recovered :)

Anyway, unless germination turns out to be abysmal, I will be ordering again from THP. They offer a very decent selection of pepper cultivars at competitive prices. After finding the freebies, I actually felt uncomfortable for having used the coupon :oops:

THP is awesome. Second favorite US vendor after WHP. I ordered recently and got a bunch of freebies, including tomato seeds. My order before that with them included some tomato seeds, so I grew them out this summer - got me into growing tomatoes now too.

Their germ rates are top shelf. Growing out 2 California Reapers (jpgs x Reaper) I ordered from them. Will post pod pics when they ripen.

Immolated said:
THP is awesome. Second favorite US vendor after WHP. I ordered recently and got a bunch of freebies, including tomato seeds. My order before that with them included some tomato seeds, so I grew them out this summer - got me into growing tomatoes now too.

Their germ rates are top shelf. Growing out 2 California Reapers (jpgs x Reaper) I ordered from them. Will post pod pics when they ripen.

Yeah I reckon, Garth is a cool dude!

THP well shocked 6 days to U.K and freebies to..Garth indeed should be proud. Any European folks you will have no worrys getting your seeds fast and i can say they look very high quality.
Rec.👍

Back