food The Art Of Blackening

DAMN, do you live in Methow, or MyCow???!!!

NICE!!!!!

Oh, and there's that fajita pan again with the red spray paint on the handle so it looks like it's glowing red lol.

Well done Scovie. Tony Stewart would be proud. What is the mysterious blue glow coming from your fork in the one pic? Oh wait I think it's steak awesomeness!

Hahahahaha ZD! That blue glow... It IS the visible vibration of awesomeness. :rofl:

Funny thing with that red color on the handle. When I got that pan, I brought it home and seasoned it all up.
I must have missed that part, with the oil, or when I put it in the oven rubbed some of it off, because ever since,
That handle has been red. I don't season that one anymore tho... It is mostly used for nuclear heat, (tortillas) lol.

Gawd I'm full...

Dang... that steakness got my gut rumblin.

I never thought I could be so turned on by a fat piece of meat.

Never cooked a steak in that fashion before.

One of the best steaks I've ever had was at a Cajun joint called Aligator Soul.
Cajun Blackened Rib-Eye. Mine was no where near as good, but rest assured, I slept great last night, lol
Next I will try Blackened Burgers, and if successful, I will test my skeels at Blackened Hot Dogs.

Oh yes I did. :rofl:

I cooked for a cajun place in SF for years. We had a cast iron pan and a dedicated burner. The pan would be white hot for 8 hrs a day. Butter, butter, butter... Dipped everything in spices and butter. Live crawfish (just like popcorn...lol), fish, steak whatever. Buter, spices, butter, butter, butter...

Oh I miss that place...

Post your pics and recipes for blackened ANYTHING here!
1-the-jazz-singer-al-jolson-1927-everett.jpg

Did the blackening fall off? ;)

Some did... I didn't heat the pan up enough because the wife was eating it too, and she didn't want it too black on the outside. This was the compromise... :cry:

Looks good. I love good chops.

Back