• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The BUM is back for 2016

Hello Ladies and Germs it's good to be back.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the following members who helped make this years grow possible, Sorry if I left anyone off

Fiogga
Scorched
Moruga welder
Romy6
GM
Silver surfer
Pic1
wayright
ignite
prodigal son
winland
jcw10tc
TC1010
chiltepin
Kingdenniz
Bluesman
smileyguy697
stc3248
mojo peppers
mpicante
Jamison
GIP
semillias
SL

Sorry about he snow. Yes, it's global warming causing the snow.

I love the soil prep, I do the same with the rye.  After harvest I add the compost, shredded mulch and plant rye. When it hits 7-9"s I till and plant it again. It pulls the nutes back up and keeps them from leeching down. And it keeps the soil moist so the amendments readily break down. It's just a win, win solution.

Can't wait to see how things go when your area warms.

Good luck!

Few quick pics from this morning.
20160506_091714.jpg

20160506_091731.jpg

20160506_091746.jpg

20160506_091904.jpg

20160506_091909.jpg

20160506_091951.jpg

:cheers:

Super healthy looking.  I fear a large portion of mine are starving to death now.  I think the nutes are pretty depleted, hoping when planting out they will bounce back.  Looking forward to seeing how all those gum varieties turn out.  I have quite a few also, suspecting we will see a lot of variation in them, but should be fun.

D3monic said:
If the cbbg7 I have makes it i'm going to cross it with aji omni color this year see if if we can get a color changer
If you need some pollen lmk.  There is some purple genes flying around in some of the CBBG7's.   My hot rod serrano x CBBG7 has two plants that are putting out purple pods.  And I'm growing a red/purple spotted BBG7 pheno that had purple plants that grew from a CBBG7. 

Potting up my container plants right now, not sure how many but however many pots this pile will fill..lol 
20160520_101034.jpg

Then everything else going in the ground. 

FreeportBum said:
well they ain't plumb plumb but they are plumb some  :D

10 rows in, time to lock and load

for anyone reading this, send mother nature some good vibes for me 

If you need some pollen lmk.  There is some purple genes flying around in some of the CBBG7's.   My hot rod serrano x CBBG7 has two plants that are putting out purple pods.  And I'm growing a red/purple spotted BBG7 pheno that had purple plants that grew from a CBBG7. 

Potting up my container plants right now, not sure how many but however many pots this pile will fill..lol 

Then everything else going in the ground. 

Good vibes incoming! Good on ya for getting the solar mulch down today, I'll get mine down tomorrow after I set up the soaker hoses. Cheers!

stickman said:
Good vibes incoming! Good on ya for getting the solar mulch down today, I'll get mine down tomorrow after I set up the soaker hoses. Cheers!
Thanks Rick. I was thinking about using soaker hoses but never got around to it, maybe next season. Cheers

Few quick pics from this morning. I ended up with 20 plants in 10g pots and a couple in 8's, my insurance policy. Everything else is either in the ground or waiting to go in ground. I think total # of plants is 128.  

Rasta frutegum's loving their new 10gal
20160525_073223.jpg

20160525_073315.jpg

Ulupica XL digging her new 10gal, hard to see but she has a bunch of pods already
20160525_073244.jpg

Shot of the patch, it will look a lot better when I get the straw down in and around my rows.
20160525_074317.jpg

Despite being under 5+" of rain for the month the lilacs are still blooming nicely 
20160525_074057.jpg

I wanna stick this here so I son't forget how awesome it was. Sauteed wild ramps,morels,asparagus risotto from the other night. 
20160521_184445.jpg

Back