• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

The BUM is back for 2016

Hello Ladies and Germs it's good to be back.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the following members who helped make this years grow possible, Sorry if I left anyone off

Fiogga
Scorched
Moruga welder
Romy6
GM
Silver surfer
Pic1
wayright
ignite
prodigal son
winland
jcw10tc
TC1010
chiltepin
Kingdenniz
Bluesman
smileyguy697
stc3248
mojo peppers
mpicante
Jamison
GIP
semillias
SL

Great pics. Garlic is looking good. I'm going to plant some this Fall. I saw a short clip about planting garlic. The guy soaked the garlic in a mason jar for 24hrs. The mixture was diluted fish emulsion. He drained it and filled the jar with vodka to sterilize. I suppose it's to kill fungus or bugs. Don't know. Ever hear of this practice?

Anyways, good luck with garden.

Thanks for sharing.

image.jpeg

I have 4 or 5 of them and they all are starting to bleed.

Where are the updates? I am sure you have some good stuff to show us.

OCD Chilehead said:
Great pics. Garlic is looking good. I'm going to plant some this Fall. I saw a short clip about planting garlic. The guy soaked the garlic in a mason jar for 24hrs. The mixture was diluted fish emulsion. He drained it and filled the jar with vodka to sterilize. I suppose it's to kill fungus or bugs. Don't know. Ever hear of this practice?
Anyways, good luck with garden.
Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. I've read about the practice of soaking in vodka, I've never tried it personally. Good quality seed garlic you shouldn't have any problems. Local farmers markets in fall are a good place to get seed garlic. You can pick it out yourself and it should be better adapted to your growing conditions. Best of luck.
tctenten said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
I have 4 or 5 of them and they all are starting to bleed.
Where are the updates? I am sure you have some good stuff to show us.
Yes!!! I knew they would bleed. Worlds first bleeding Serrano? I'm not sure but they are wicked cool. Wonder what they taste like my plants are loaded with pods but nothing ripe yet. Been busy playing and working but I will get some pics up soon. Cheers

tctenten said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
I couldn't wait any longer. I am terrible at describing flavors, so I will not even try. It is a nice, pleasant tasting pepper with a lingering heat. I think it will be a versatile pepper because of the heat level. The heat is there, but not gut wrenching.
That sounds great. Love those bleeding caps. I think they would look cool pickled with the stems on. Can't wait to try some here. Cheers

It's a crying shame that Maine doesn't seem to have any fairs for pepperheads to really shine. Your stuff would definitely be a force to be reckoned with! Cheers!

Few days late, but your garden area in those pics you posted a few days ago looks amazing.  So neat and tidy.  I am guessing without that fence you would have some wildlife issues.  What's the long black pods, love the look of those.

Back