food The Drunken Chef

lol...you sayin' you break things when you get drunk?....fallin' down or out of control?

Tonight's drunken dinner-4-1 will consist of the following (more or less):

100_1336.jpg

Can't wait to see where it ranks! :rofl:

If thats gonna be sausage and cheese grits...it may get a 4 from me.... :lol:

Uh oh. AJ is already using his rating system.... beware! LOL

dangit...can't even use my own system correctly...changed from 2 to 4 which is what I meant in the first place...

come on here...work with me...work with me... :lol:

OK...waiting...

no cookin for me tonight...red beans and rice again...and again....gotta get the ol' bowels cleaned out... ;)

paulky_2000 said:
Cooking...c'mon down!

I would, but I just got home from spending 1 1/2 hours on the highway in 4 weel drive for a trip that normally takes 20 minutes. I'm done with driving right now. Am enjoying some real good Planters Punch.

:tosses a glass at Alice:

Pepperfreak said:
I would, but I just got home from spending 1 1/2 hours on the highway in 4 weel drive for a trip that normally takes 20 minutes. I'm done with driving right now. Am enjoying some real good Planters Punch.

:tosses a glass at Alice:

I'll TAKE it!!!

And.....to test out the new ratings.....

I give you my rendition of cheesy grits with grilled sausage!

100_1337.jpg

Started out with the onion....browned it off in a bit of bacon fat....YUMMM (couldn't ya just eat that all by itself?

100_1340.jpg

Added salt, XXXpowder, and some cracked black pepper to the grits:

100_1341.jpg

Then added it to chicken stock instead of water. Cook for the alloted time....looks like this:

100_1344.jpg

After the grits are ....well.....GRITS.....I added the onion, mushroom, parmesean, and hab cheese:

100_1345.jpg

Mix till the cheese is incorporated well:

100_1346.jpg

Then serve! The sausages were cooked-off in the wonderful Toastmaster convection oven. I added the minced habanero, parsley, some more cheese, and french-fried onion:

100_1348.jpg

TA-DA!!!!

Paul, every'thang there gets the hot blue and righteous except for the grits. I just can't eat the stuff. The texture to me is like fingernails on a chalkboard so it gets my It'llmakeaturd rating which btw, is still a 2.

Back