food The Drunken Chef

Throw in a couple tbsp. of hot curry powder and stir it in till it fills the entire house with the wonderful smell.....

100_1370.jpg

Add in the big can of C.O.M......

100_1372.jpg

Stir.......and then simmer for 20 minutes while the rice cooker does it's thing. Add the shrimp and toss till they're JUST done:

100_1374.jpg

Plate it all up....and it looks like THIS:

100_1376.jpg

Again...this one of my favorite recipes of all time.....it's easy....it's quick.....and it tastes FAR better than the sum of it's parts!!

I hope you approve.

shall we delcare Thursday nights as "Shrimpalicious" night?

Alice...that looks to die for....

man.. two awesome looking dinners posted within minutes of each other!! Well done!! I am impressed... I'll be there soon!

Paulky dat's Throwdown material brotha... er sista!

Bacon for me??? awwwww.. sweeet!! you did a very good job with your prawn curry!!!

hmmm... wonder what i'll be cooking up for dinner tonight.. its gotta be good now!!!

I see that after spending much of the day driving, you all have been going stir crazy in 'da kitchen :lol:

AJ you shall receive a #1 I think I've died and gone to heaven for that awesome dinner. Unfortunatly I can not travel farther south and west of here other wise you might find me knocking on your door!

Paul....you sire also receive a #1 from me! Also, for another 3 hours I think I could be there knocking on your door :D

mel said:
Bacon for me??? awwwww.. sweeet!! you did a very good job with your prawn curry!!

Thank you m'lady! You inspired me this morning (last night for you!) with the bacon talk. ;)

Pepperfreak said:
Paul....you sire also receive a #1 from me! Also, for another 3 hours I think I could be there knocking on your door :D

As always....you are always welcome for dinner.....and a few dozen beers!

I was so gonna call Paulky on the 7 hot sauces headed for the recipe, it was clarified.

What a crazy place where you have to post pics of your dinner to be on the thread~~~~~~~~~

All right, I'll post a few....in a while...........

anyone ever hear of Keith Floyd????

Shrimp, shrimp, shrimp, shrimp, Shrimp, shrimp, shrimp, shrimp..................

lame spinach salad with leftover cooked chicken from last night.

First round was with caesar dressing, until 0.5 whined about only liking ITALIAN dressing.........

So I ate the caesar salad and 0.5 got a spinach/leaf lettuce salad w/ colby, ham and Italian dressing.

LAME!!!!!!!!

Floyd was an old BBC food program, I'll see what I can find for Floyd on Food clips.

And chops to you Mel for the pepper vid!

ok.. now my presentation is not ideal.. i tried to make the rice look pretty but then it all fell apart cause there's too many bits... here's my drunken chef adventure tonight... chicken breast marinated in garlic, ginger, shallots, soy sauce, hoi sin sauce and fatalli.. along with some fried rice.. it looks messy, but it tasted good..

marinating..
Picture016.jpg

and final dish.. the fatalli lost some heat in the oven so i topped it with some fresh stuff..
Picture017.jpg

looks good Mel....really good...

:grabs pea and flicks it at PF:

Back