food The Drunken Chef

paulky_2000 said:
When the rope burns the skin....back-off one notch. ;)

back off one notch? naw.... it's called a "safe word" ;)

Novacastrian said:
WHITE ELEPHANT!

????

do you mean :handsoverears: "VanillaVanillaVanillaVanillaVanilla" ???

Got my wing on ya'll last night in The Blues Kitchen. As Jay would surely testify, once you have a craving for wings, you just can't be satisfied. These little wings of death were splooged liberally with some of AJ's Bhut Jolokia puree' and then dredged in flour before hitting the deep fryer. 'Lawd have mercy! I ate them very fast and they were incredibly tasty. Then came the pain. Every 'thang from the neck up and my hands felt like it was plugged into a 220v socket. I still have some burning on my fingers goin' on this morning. I pity the fool who shakes hands with me!

Oddly....I opted for whisky over tequila. Kinky!

IMG_2089.jpg

When eating these, keep in mind that AJ's puree's are some of the most powerful chile products in the world and could blow your head clean off. So you just have to ask yourself one question....do you feel lucky? Well do ya'?............PUNK!!

IMG_2092.jpg

Looking good! Ima gonna be trying wings much like that very soon... (Foreshadowing) I have some pork chops brining at the moment. I am thinking cast iron, then some peach and naga glaze.

Nice color on those wings, TB....were they really crispy? How was the heat-to-flavor ratio?

Based on the picture and the description....I'm giving you full marks.

WIN!!!!

Much obliged ya'll. The wings were pretty darn crispy but not overly floured. Just enough to seal every 'thang in. The heat is tough to describe. After the first bite all hell is let loose although you can still taste the chicken. AJ's puree's are NOT for wimps, hippy's, children, or wannabe's. I was still 'dorphin an hour after I ate them. I probably should have done a video as these were the hottest wings I have ever eaten. Hiccup's, sweating, begging, and praying were all involved. All I had for protection was that little bit of blue cheese dressing. That worked for all of 1 second, then again....after several hosky's and shots....who cares!!

texas blues said:
Much obliged ya'll. The wings were pretty darn crispy but not overly floured. Just enough to seal every 'thang in. The heat is tough to describe. After the first bite all hell is let loose although you can still taste the chicken. AJ's puree's are NOT for wimps, hippy's, children, or wannabe's. I was still 'dorphin an hour after I ate them. I probably should have done a video as these were the hottest wings I have ever eaten. Hiccup's, sweating, begging, and praying were all involved. All I had for protection was that little bit of blue cheese dressing. That worked for all of 1 second, then again....after several hosky's and shots....who cares!!
What 'bout Neil?

those look awesome TB...and get a "The dog ain't gettin' none of this" rating from me...you are a better man than I am...I have been chicken all along to try the bhut puree on my wings (get it, chicken? ok bad try at humor)...........but....Next wings I cook, I will try it...I have been using some of the T. Scorp. puree on mine and gotta say....even a little bit hurts me but I like it.... ;)

I would love for Hippy to do a video of my puree but since it is not for the open market, I have not sent him any...I really think he would enjoy it....

: Paul gets caught in the bear trap, then shot by the set gun guarding the purees:

Back