food The Drunken Chef

really great idea Pf....too bad the wife is on weight watchers...would you believe I have lost 23 pounds since she started weight watchers?....down to 183 from 206...

I was just wondering....where's the bacon? :rofl:

Any good recipes for GARLIC CHILLI PRAWNS peeps? I have a kilo of these suckers..

Photo135-1.jpg

thats a big shrimp (kind of an oxymoron huh).....

if you got a kilo of those, you must have what?....maybe 20 ?

those are still big...and would be wonderful skewered on the BarB

And where are the pics of these mystery U-15/18 shrimps and the alcohol that was allegedly consumed with the aforementioned shrimps? And Clarice.....don't lie or I'll know......

Love ya.....Hannibal.

Novacastrian said:
Any good recipes for GARLIC CHILLI PRAWNS peeps? I have a kilo of these suckers..

Photo135-1.jpg

Yup - as pic below. I wack the head off and cut in half. Recipe from Beer Masons but I add chilli and lemon thyme and a little parsley. Great to eat just peel the shell back in one go:

BBQ Bugs or prawns with lemon and pernod butter. Serves 4
Beer match: Belgian Real Pils

Ingredients
60g unsalted butter, room temperature
30ml Pernod or other aniseed tipple
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 Green Balmain bugs or 12 large green prawns

Method
Combine all the butter ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready for use.Cut the bug or prawns in half length ways. Lay on a tray shell side down, spoon over the butter liberally, making sure you get it right into the head and between the shell and meat.On a medium BBQ cook the bug or prawns shell side down for a few minutes, don’t over cook as the meat will go tough. Use your best judgement here, the meat should be just white and the butter oozing with goodness.Remove from the grill and season well. Serve with and nice herby green salad and lashings of cold Real Pils.

My dish pic - no boozy shots sorry.

DSC_00404.jpg

Back