food The Drunken Chef

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... awesome!!! its making me hungry!! looks way better than my bacon sandwich for dinner :D how'd it taste?

Bloody awesome. The Choc pods seem to make a very nice friendship with the prawns.
All up i used one pod including the raw Doogie on top. My mate is eating his now and that was cooked in the same oil, no complaints. He reckons the carrots taste awesome.

Novacastrian said:
Here ya go, shelled and de-viened (should call it de-pooped).

050.jpg

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!!!!!!!

Hot DAMN!!! I never thought to put asparagus with shrimp!!!

WIN!!!!!!

I'm with you paulie.. looks good dunnit!! I'm thinking midnight snack time... if only to stop my head spinning...

where'd i put those prawns??? :D

Alright Nova!!! I'll put that fail back in the drawer and issue a HB&R along with my top rating #5. That looks so good I think I've died and gone to heaven. :woohoo: Dude, that is exquisite and I'm so jealous that we don't have prawns like that here near me.

Okay!!!

Haven't posted any new food here in a few days....so today I've decided to offer-up something. After seeing Jay's roast a while back I just haven't been able to get this one out of my head:

POT ROAST!! .....well........MY interpretation, anyway.

Basically, it's quite simple. Cubed, floured sirloin roast browned in bacon grease....two sliced med onions (one at first, then the other 45 minutes before serving)....one 8oz. container fresh baby bellas (criminis).....32oz beef broth......2 cups red wine......PF's magic 7-pod powder in a VERY responsible manner.....a little garlic, S&P.....

cook for several hours, serve with a cold Guinness and PF's t-scorp aaaaaaaaand......

TA-DA!!!

100_0694-1.jpg

100_0695-1.jpg

100_0697-2.jpg

100_0696-2.jpg

Let's just say this was just what I needed today!

DRINK-ON, my peeps!!!

Pepperfreak said:
Looks great Paul! I give thee a #5 rating.

I really liked how you show cased the beer and my powder.

:think: Hmmm.... sounds like PF only gave you that rating 'cause a Guinness and HIS powder was involved..... :P

Nah, it does look great Paulky!

gasificada said:
:think: Hmmm.... sounds like PF only gave you that rating 'cause a Guinness and HIS powder was involved..... :P

Not at all, I would have given that rating even if he used jalapeños. Looking at that plate me me all warm and hungry! Those chunks of mushrooms, onions and meat just look Divine. The fact that he used the powder that he did, I also know that if he used too much of it, that meal would have melted off his face. :lol:

Pepperfreak said:
Not at all, I would have given that rating even if he used jalapeños. Looking at that plate me me all warm and hungry! Those chunks of mushrooms, onions and meat just look Divine. The fact that he used the powder that he did, I also know that if he used too much of it, that meal would have melted off his face. :lol:

:lol:

I know, I know... j/k!

gasificada said:

Thank you!!!.....and please....call me Paul!

Pepperfreak said:
Not at all, I would have given that rating even if he used jalapeños. Looking at that plate me me all warm and hungry! Those chunks of mushrooms, onions and meat just look Divine. The fact that he used the powder that he did, I also know that if he used too much of it, that meal would have melted off his face.

Boy, YOU ain't kiddin!!! :lol:

Don't you just love hot comfort food like this on cold days? Makes me warmer just thinking about it....

....no....wait.....that's the 7-pod!

:rofl:

Back