food The Drunken Chef

hmm... i know i said i'd be posting some drunken cooking goodness tonight but i think i'm too smashed.. adn to be honest.. i cant be F-ed cooking anything major.. chicken wraps tongiht.. if it helps there will be some of nova's mango sauce on it.. but dont know if its worthy of the drunken cooking thread.. plus i'm still tryin to figure out what i'm going to submit to the throwdown... no chicken sammiches i'm tellin ya!

Here's the Circle-H's contribution before the Throwdown. Hopefully, it won't meet with as much distain!

Steak bachelor-style! WOOOO HOOOO!!!

Tim, me, and the twins decided we'd do steaks last night. These are sirloin (MY favorite) 1.5 inches thick, and about 2 pounds a piece:

100_0743-1.jpg

I seasoned them with Gator spice, weber grill rub, and my XXX powder:

100_0744.jpg

I LOVE my chimmney!

100_0747-1.jpg

Making some homemade brewski onions (Vidallias, Guinness, S&P, and a tablespoon of sugar) w/ baby bellas....

100_0748-1.jpg

to be continued....

Everybody IN to the pool!!!

100_0750-1.jpg

Grilled the steaks a decent, albiet overdone drunken-medium, stewed off the mushrooms and onions.....baked the potatoes, and steamed the corn.....and....

TADA!!!

100_0755.jpg

100_0756.jpg

100_0757.jpg

It was just what I needed.

The twins split one....and Tim and I had one each.......the leftovers went home w/ Tim. He's making cheesesteaks tonight!

Tomorrow.......hot browns.....MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

AH HELL YES!!!

OMG! YES....YES....YES...OH...YES!!!!!!

Okay, I'm back. Paul, that is a plate so good that it just gave me a foodgasm! You have just exceeded my rating scale and shot off the chart. :lol:

Wow looks fantastic! Is that corn for a Smurf? I eat two ears per steak.

TB's Trailor Trash Poppers

Hey ya'll. Last week strolling down the aisle of the local grocery joint I spied some Easy Cheese. The plastic spray stuff that contains every 'thang from milk whey to baboon spermatazoa. No matter. When I was a fishing guide in Alaska out in the bush and middle of nowhere, this stuff was a Godsend. We'd spray it up on pilot bread and bathe it in hot sauce. Tres bon!!

So I picked up some canned 'peno's and some of the spray cheese....bacon/cheddar flavor. I halved the 'peno's and deseeded them and then sprayed the cheese in. Put the halves back together and put them in the freezer to set them up. After 45 minutes I yanked 'em an dredged them in flour, eggwash and then breadcrumbs, then tossed 'em into the dutch oven deep fryer. Served 'em up with a little salad w/blue cheese and balsamic dressing.

'Lawd have mercy!! I don't know what it is.....the canned 'peno's or the spray....but without question..
THESE ARE THE BEST TASTING POPPERS I HAVE EVER MADE!!!! I should have made 20 more. Cheezy and with the vinegar twang from the pickled peppers. Incredible! Here's 'da 'bidness.......

IMG_2101.jpg

Don't let the piccy fool ya'....this is some tasty tasty trash.....

IMG_2103.jpg

The pic does no justice to the cheezy wheezy hot goodness....

IMG_2105.jpg

Halfway through them and after plenty of alcohol fueled liquid courage, I whipped out some of AJ's Bhut puree' and gave a generous splooge to some of the poppers.....really jacked the heat up and I barely finished the poppers. My piehole burned for at least 45 minutes!!!

This is sooooo cheap and easy, ya'll gotta' try these! Get down brown ya'll!!

Back