food The Drunken Chef

Nice bark on da ribs. Yeah dem ain't oven ribs, finishing in oven = PASS! :)

paulky_2000 said:
Food looks wonderful, Jay!!!

Makes me wanna throw my ham sammich out a window! :lol:

: hits Pippy in the head :

Pippy what are you doing out there?

making some smoked jerk wings today, normally I'd just grill these but I have a bunch of beers and few hours to kill :)
time to go sit outside and listen to some tunes while I drink beers and enjoy the beautiflul smoke wafting in the air.
jerkwings.jpg

I marinated them in a mustard / garlic /cider vinegar marinade, then seasoned up with some dave's dragon dust, chilli powder and jerk seasoning.

I'll a post an update in a few hours when they are done :D

ok just pulled 'em off the smoker, they might look a little dry but trust me I crack one open and juice just drips out, very tender :)

smokedjerkwings.jpg

not quite finished with recipe yet.. gotta slather them in my mustard que sauce , pic coming up soon of final product :)

texas blues said:
They look good but alas....I ain't a big fan of teh jerk seasoning. Okay...pretend it's not in there...H B & R!

thanks TB! :), I promise next time no jerk seasoning and I will be sure to make something texa-fide :)

I like jerk but don't consider that real jerk since it was a dry rub, not wet. I'm a jerk, right? :lol:

I make a caribbean style cream sauce (you've already seen) that's to DIE for......fantastic for dipping grilled or fondued shrimp into! I'm not sure if that would qualify as jerk though.

thehotpepper.com said:
I like jerk but don't consider that real jerk since it was a dry rub, not wet. I'm a jerk, right? :lol:

yeah technically your right, but I did a wet marinade then put the jerk spices on top so its kinda of of a bastard jerk lol

Back