food The Drunken Chef

Crazy goin's ons last night in teh Blues Kitchen ya'll. I picked up some very nice 13/15 camerones, and a couple lobster tails from one of the local joints on the way home from worky work. $3.99 each for the tails, can't beat that, even for South American tails! I began the eve with my good friends "cheap beer" and "hornito's". It only went downhill from there. Once the proper load level of alcomohol had been achieved, I fired up The Blues Grill and prepped the shellfish with some of PF's evil Trinidad Scorpion Powder. Good 'Gawd!! I don't know what it is about this powder but when putting it on whatever food, it feels like you're eating pure plutonium. Hotter than magma but it's so damned addictive. On the side I decided to saute' up a bit of asparagus and whip out a sweet thai chile cream sauce (with more t-scorp powder, 'lawd have mercy!). Cheesus crisp on a crutch that stuff is gooooood!

The goin's on.....

IMG_2223.jpg

Grill it baby!

IMG_2217.jpg

Jay will attest how good the sweet thai chile cream sauce is....AWESOME!! Make it by the trough load and dive in ya'll!

IMG_2222.jpg

Get your drunken chefly grill on ya'll!

Dude....that meal looks excellent! A mighty fine sex-on-d'plate indeed.

Could you send my a PM with the reciepe for that sauce? I think I have a few ideas on how to use it. ;)

texas blues said:
IMG_2222.jpg

Shrimp and asparagus? Even drunk......I can't get next to that! Weird shit-o-meter.....that's an 8. Paul...your freakiness has reached new levels.

Remember saying that? :lol:

That being said...I love this!!! A definate WIN!

Tim and I hung out last night and drank several dozen beers and tried to solve all the worlds problems through drunk logic. :drunk:

During the "Booze Summit" we managed to throw together a homemade pizza.

Homemade dough, 1 pound of hot Italian sausage, sliced pepperoni, bacon, black olives, mushrooms, onions, bell pepper, and three kinds of cheese (Mozz, cheddar, Jack), plenty of crushed red pepper, garlic, and oregano, etc.....etc....

No prep pics as I was frantically trying to convince Tim that the structure of our government was antiquated and only serves to promote corruption.....but I digress.... ;)

DSC00696.jpg

DSC00697.jpg

The pizza is pure gold Paul!

I remember that post about the asparagus/shrimp 'thang. All I can say is, whichever time I was more drunk, that is what I really meant! :rofl:

Thanks Y'all!!

I don't know why I wait so long between making my own pizzas!

(Probably because it's one of those foods that seems to be a great deal cheaper to simply buy pre-made or pre-cooked rather than to prepare it yourself...)

Eloquently Simple!

It was once asked of me if all I did was steak and I think that was THP hisself. Well, tonight I aim to prove that I am multi talented. :lol:

I present for your drooling pleasure Grilled Pork with homemade Pesto Pasta (made with my homegrown Basil mmm-mmm).

For the chops, I used a coat of olive oil and then sprinkled garlic powder and some of my white hab powder. ON THE GRILL THE WENT....
DSCF4026.jpg

For the Pesto, well....garlic, basil, parsley, and olive oil tossed in some thin spaghetti, add Parmesan cheese and enjoy.
DSCF4027.jpg

You are right simple and good. I wonder how the pesto would have been on the pork THEN served on the pasta...

I am so pissed right now. I took all these photos of dinner tonight and when I tried to upload them there was NOTHING there. I don't know what the hell happened. I blamed the wife, she blamed the boy. All I know is you all are missing out on Belgian Mussels steamed in Belgian Blonde Ale, shallots, fennel, garlic, parsley, and lemon zest. Served with crusty bread for dipping, another Leffe just for drinking, and a shot of Chocolate Cake for dessert. I sincerely apologize to all for the mishap.

PF, you fire up the grill and don't do ribs? Pork chops are so boring. Fail.

Back