food The Drunken Chef

JayT said:
Lunch. :lol: I had to take the afternoon off to watch my little fella as his daycare is closed today and tomorrow. He's taking a nap and I am drinking and grilling! Woohoo!

After eating a steak like that for lunch I'd assume you'd be taking a nap soon enough! Man I wish I could get a cut like that around here. Kinda reminds me of the 96 ouncer on "The Great Outdoors"

It was only around 28 ounces. I know it looks like more. Yes I did eat supper believe it or not. A Tex-Mex chicken, broccoli, and monterey jack pasta bake kind of thing. I actually saved a little bit of the steak for today to make some burritos with cilantro-lime rice, black beans, and the pico de gallo. I'll take pics.

Okay, so here it is, and I know I'm a day late...hehehe alcohol may have been involved. HA! I couldn't find a porterhouse like I wanted so I went with the next best thing, a nice thick and juicy Ribeye. Mmm-mmm. I rubbed it down with my secret dry rub (garlic, onion, salt, tabasco, fatalii and black pepper powder). You guys are going to have to take my word on this, it turned out incredible! Unfortunately due to the alcohol that was a major factor, I forgot to take a finished plate pic. :rolleyes:
MyGarden2010078.jpg

Mel!!! When did you get on? Uhmmm..........ehr....sorry about throwing you under the bus like that...:oops: The remnants of your steak did look like it was a tasty piece of meat.

Just for the record, I want to say that mel...you are such a sweetheart and probably the sweetest person here. We all could learn a few things from you ;)

BTW, I'm quiet serious about this, you are a sweetheart and it's not just the alcohol talking. :lol:

Back