food The Drunken Chef

Hey! He's coming around THP. At least he DID fire up the grill. They weren't oven pork chops. Give him a break.

Hehe I still say booo. Chops in the cast iron are better, natural caramelization. Gas grilled? Boring. No sauce even. Hmph!

Well I decided to contribute to the drunken chef thread tonight

I was at work, 8:40 rolled around, we close the kitchen at 9, and I decided to come up with my own concoction of wing sauce

It was:
Habanero pepper sauce made by JayT and another member here, dont know his/her name
"You cant handle this hot sauce" 8 drops of one of my favorite sauces every
A couple drops of Texas Pete Hotter than Hot sauce
Texas Petes Hot sauce
Old Bay
Lime Honey sauce that we use on a couple of our fish dishes at my restaurant
Sweet and Sour Honey sauce

Wings were IQF (individually quick frozen), and the usual huge sized wings we have at our place, JayT can attest to that

I will tell you what, with the Smuttynose Imperial Stout/ Victory Old Horizontal Barlweywine mixture influence I was cooking these things, it made for an interesting time, and a fucking amazing wing sauce

IMG00327.jpg

And on top of that

I got home, poured a 20oz, european pint, of my Heather Ale that I brewed with Heather, Mugwort, Wormwood, and Elderflowers

drank 3

and let me say this

im semi f^$%ed up

herbal medicine is great in beer

I'd give you both... unfortunatlely i dont have any cooking to show off... i got plenty of rants up my sleeve... but dont tthink its appropriate to post here :)

pileiton said:
Where's your stuff tb?

I been takin' care of 'bidness. Jay arrives here in the big dry ditch tomorrow night and we'll be getting together on Sunday. I'll be bringing him to The Blues Kitchen where mayhem and chaos will flow. They'll be plenty of Drunken Chefly pics posted in the aftermath. Until then...you kids play nice.

texas blues said:
WHAT? No drunken rants and debauchery here in 2 whole days? For shame. For shame....

The sun has me hostage, TB!! I can not resist it's tempting rays and warmth....

I did steak yesterday on the grill, but that's so played here that I opted to not do photos.....plus, it was only round steak for the twins. Kinda like kissing your sister!

:lol:

paulky_2000 said:
The sun has me hostage, TB!! I can not resist it's tempting rays and warmth....

I did steak yesterday on the grill, but that's so played here that I opted to not do photos.....plus, it was only round steak for the twins. Kinda like kissing your sister!

:lol:

I reckon I won't be eating round steak tonight. I gots a craving for deep fried cheese...

texas blues said:
I reckon I won't be eating round steak tonight. I gots a craving for deep fried cheese...

That sounds pretty damn good!

I have a great/simple recipe for a dipping sauce that goes great with fried cheese.

1 part yellow mustard
1 part horseradish sauce

Beats the hell out of marinara.

I am making some Defcon wings tonight and I do have pics from yesterday's pizza. There was lots of booze consumed, but I am afraid it eluded the camera. Sneaky stealthy beers I've got. :lol:

Pizza #1 half pepperoni for the boy, half pepperoni, jalapeno, and lots of powders.

100_0358.jpg

Pizza #2 caramelized onion and mushroom for the missus.

100_0357.jpg

I shouldn't post this since I have done so probably a half dozen times before, but since the activity has been slow...

100_0359.jpg

100_0360.jpg

Defcon 1 & 2 with cajun seasoning and Fatalii powder with a Leffe and a Margarita on the side.

Nice wings. And TB is just frying cheese. Where da Dr. Pepper TB? lol

Back