food The Drunken Chef

Party starts in 3 hours. mrs. blues took all my cash from my wallet and is going shopping. I have on deck for Jay...

Skirt steak
chorizo
ahi tuna
halibut
shrimp
ceviche
assorted unguents and salves

Still need to do a liquor run....

Blister said:
That looks fantastic Paul! Good thing I upgraded my internet connection though :lol:.

Would you believe that those photos were taken with a cell phone camera? :lol:

My new Sony Ericsson c905a with a 8.1 MP Cyber-shot camera built in......it rocks!!

TB being the ever gracious host has allowed me to handle the skirt steak and the tuna. The skirt steak is marinating in orange and lime juices, garlic, green onion, cilantro, his spicy black pepper grind, and my all purpose rub. The tuna has a little sprinkling of real Wasabi powder, then a ;marinade of Srirachi and Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce. The whole thing will be on the grill soon if we don't fall over first.

You know that is occurring to me, but I am still on East coast time biologically. Which means it is now almost 7pm to me which is prime time. I am trying to maintain and we are trying to pace ourselves, but you know this is going to get ugly.

Everything in this thread looks good lately! Keep it going!

Marinated the jerk thighs in a special Triple Sec Chipotle marinade, they're on the smoker, apple wood. Will hit them with the actual jerk sauce later on. Will keep moist with Triple Sec :shocked:

THP you should be here. We grilled tuna, marinated flank steak, shrimp skewers, and TB did some halibut meuniere. We are drunk and stuffed. Pics will come whenever TB gets round to it. Drunkfarts, beers and toomfoolery run rampant.

JayT said:
THP you should be here. We grilled tuna, marinated flank steak, shrimp skewers, and TB did some halibut meuniere. We are drunk and stuffed. Pics will come whenever TB gets round to it. Drunkfarts, beers and toomfoolery run rampant.

:woohoo:

I've got the Margaritas flowing like water here in you guys honor...:D I can't wait to see the pics!

TRIPLE SEC JERK CHICKEN THIGHS
Triple Sec & Chipotle Marinade, Apple Wood, Authentic Jerk Sauce

These were hot smoked, which is like a combo of grilling and smoking. You get a nice char and smoke flavor. It's a faster smoke with the meat in the same chamber as the fire, but still indirect, and you place the chicken just on the edge of the fire and don't worry about hot temps.

Eat your heart out P. Dreadie! :lol:

(click for larger)

Attachments

• jerk_thighs_5-2-10.jpg
    jerk_thighs_5-2-10.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 99
Back