food The Drunken Chef

Great looking colour on those thighs THP! With a quicker cooking time do you still get much smoke penetration? Or is it more of a surface flavour?

Oh, as an aside, where's da booze at? :lol:

Thanks. Hey hey hey da booze in da chicken, Triple Sec!!! And many beers consumed.

I like to do the hot smoke with jerk chicken, you still get smoke flavor, but not as intense, you want to taste those jerk flavors and also get some char. Cooking time is still 1 hour to 1 hour and a half lid closed so yeah, some smoke.

Hey PF I don't write recipes down. Do you have a charcoal grill, or gas, or what? I can get you a close recipe when I know how you're cooking it.

Thanks. I finally have a success in Drunken Chef LOL. Been trying.

thehotpepper.com said:
Hey PF I don't write recipes down. Do you have a charcoal grill, or gas, or what? I can get you a close recipe when I know how you're cooking it.

I got me a nice weber gas grill. But I was more intrigued by the Triple Sec Jerk marinade. That just sounds so fantastic that I really want to give it a try.

PF, I wing it when I do marinades but the key to this one is the Triple Sec in an apple juice base. Use it as the liquid and add minced garlic and onion and whatever flavors you like in a marinade (I added some chipotle too). Put it all in a large ziploc and you will fit 10-12 thighs. Use the marinade to moisten the chicken as it cooks (I also had a spray bottle with Triple Sec ;)). The jerk part comes later, as you don't want that to burn. I used Grace brand authentic jerk seasoning from Jamaica (wet rub/paste). I was quite happy with the Triple Sec Jerk Chicken. The allspice flavor of jerk goes great with the orange flavor of the TS, and Grace brand is very hot! Try it and let me know.

I've got to do up some Jerk pork or chicken pretty soon. That stuff is just so fantastic and grilling season is upon us.

Well, just got me some triple sec and will be doing up some jerk chicken tonight. Can't wait. It's a beautiful day outside and the Canucks play the Hawks tonight. Should be good all around!

Wow I never thought this would catch on, I love it! DTS mentioned the great color it had, I believe the triple sec spray helped that with caramelization. Marinate well, keep it moist, and then jerk it! Post pics!

thehotpepper.com said:
Wow I never thought this would catch on, I love it! DTS mentioned the great color it had, I believe the triple sec spray helped that with caramelization. Marinate well, keep it moist, and then jerk it! Post pics!

I'm all over this recipe when I can swim to the grocery store!

Jerk RULES!!

I'm pretty big on jerking my meat and after hearing that triple sec adds an orange/citrus flavor, well I'm sold. Not to mention the g/f unit absolutely loves the taste of my hot jerked meat. Will get pics up ASAP

Blister said:
I'm pretty big on jerking my meat and after hearing that triple sec adds an orange/citrus flavor, well I'm sold. Not to mention the g/f unit absolutely loves the taste of my hot jerked meat. Will get pics up ASAP

Blister....

You are my new hero.

I don't get it? What are you guys laughing at? Oh well, I got my meat in the marinade, but my hands started cramping up from rubbing it in good. I had to get the g/f unit to help. Then her hands started to cramp up and told me to jerk it by myself. So I went ahead and finished it off.

Back