food The Drunken Chef

texas blues said:
I'm out of the throwdown as I can't do mango's anymore. Might as well cause a ruckus here tonight. Maybe some bison chimmi's or some such tomfoolishnessess is in order.

Tim and I opted for beer brats.....so no throwdown entry for me either. I did, however, snap a few pics for the DC! ;)

:( i'll be in bed by the time you post.. oh well.. i'll comment on your awesomeness tomorrow if thats the case :D i'm cooking up some oven baked frozen fries after being sick from my brothers 'mothers day dinner bbq' tonight.. i'm starrrrrrrving!!

Okay here they are! The pics kinda suck cause I was about 14 beers in when I took them.....

First simmered them in beer for about 20-30 minutes:

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

Then set to work on the vidalia onion and green pepper while the charcoal was getting hot...

DSC00716.jpg

Then on to the grill we go....turnin-n-brownin'!

DSC00721.jpg

Then, onto a big crusty bun with habanero mustard, and lots of onions and peppers....ENJOY!

DSC00724.jpg

DSC00726.jpg

DSC00728.jpg

DSC00729.jpg

I just wish I had made enough for breakfast!!

mel said:
i'm cooking up some oven baked frozen fries after being sick from my brothers 'mothers day dinner bbq' tonight.. i'm starrrrrrrving!!

Making a chip sammich? Sounds right for this thread;)

almost.. but not quite.. the chips were too skinny for a sammich... so i had them with pain2 sauce instead... took the bottle outta the fridge.. gave it a good shake and didnt realise the lid wasnt on properly.... sauce went all over the kitchen and over mrmel... :( too bad.. that sauce is awesome.. after useiing the sauce for the chips i have about a quarter of the bottle left.. might have to put in another order shortly ;)

JayT said:
:waiting:

I am such a loser. I was mucking about with the reso guitar and ended up doing a fundido 'thang with the bison. Decided the pics I took of it were lame.

Paul for the WIN with the snausages though. The shot with the hab mustard on the snausage and bun is money baby!

Beer brats are yum! Look good. I like to do them the opposite way. Grill first, then crock pot with beer, onions, and butter.

Blister said:
Where the heck did you get hab mustard paul? I'd love to try some of that on a brat!

Dude...it's awesome! I got it from the Mega-Kroger in Bowling Green. It's made by a company called Silver Spring Foods ( www.silverspringfoods.com ) If you can't find it, I'd be happy to buy it and send it to you.

texas blues said:
Drunks find all the cool stuff! :lol:

....and the majority of the trouble! ;)

thehotpepper.com said:
Beer brats are yum! Look good. I like to do them the opposite way. Grill first, then crock pot with beer, onions, and butter.

I never thought about grilling them first! Although, I did re-insert them into the beer to "keep warm" while Tim and I attempted to work out a solution for all the world's troubles. I will have to try that for sure!

Thanks for the awesome offer paul, I may take you up on that! For now, I'm on my way to search the internet super roadway thingie and see if I can't find somewhere here in canada that has it. Failing that, I may even just puree up a few of the mustard habs I have on hand and add them to some sort of deli mustard and see how that goes. It sounds sooooo badass!

Looks like I was late on my entry to the secret ingredient throwdown, so I'll post here. I was well qualified last night (my GF would say over qualified :lol:)

Lemongrass Blue Grenadier in Coconut Batter on Mango Salsa with a MangoNut Cream drink (Malibu, mango, coconut milk, cream, toasted coconut)

P5100513.jpg

It's all good :) Had a great night cookin' an eatin' an drinkin' and then had some more fun hehehe. It's good to sit back and watch a throwdown for a change :)

Back