food The Drunken Chef

Deathtosnails said:
Looks like I was late on my entry to the secret ingredient throwdown, so I'll post here. I was well qualified last night (my GF would say over qualified :lol:)

Lemongrass Blue Grenadier in Coconut Batter on Mango Salsa with a MangoNut Cream drink (Malibu, mango, coconut milk, cream, toasted coconut)

P5100513.jpg

F#$k me.....

Stir Fry 4-1

Was eating alone last night as the kids wanted ham sandwiches. So, I decided to use-up the leftover steak, shrimp, and mushrooms from fondue-night, the onions and peppers from the brats, and come up with a quick/easy meal.

This is how it went:

(the bowl on the left is scrambled eggs)

DSC00730.jpg

I didn't get out the big steel wok. Instead, I used this non-stick wok-ish pan that I love!)

DSC00735.jpg

First butter and a bit of bacon fat to stabilize it....then cooked rice...

DSC00737.jpg

DSC00737.jpg

Stir Fry 4-1

Was eating alone last night as the kids wanted ham sandwiches. So, I decided to use-up the leftover steak, shrimp, and mushrooms from fondue-night, the onions and peppers from the brats, and come up with a quick/easy meal.

This is how it went:

(the bowl on the left is scrambled eggs)

DSC00730.jpg

I didn't get out the big steel wok. Instead, I used this non-stick wok-ish pan that I love!)

DSC00735.jpg

First butter and a bit of bacon fat to stabilize it....then cooked rice...

DSC00737.jpg

A bit of soy sauce.....then the onions, peppers, and eggs:

DSC00738.jpg

Now we have fried rice! (or at least a descent facsimile!)

DSC00739.jpg

Leftover seasoned sirloin steak

DSC00740.jpg

Corn starch:

DSC00741.jpg

Toss in a bit of peanut oil on very high heat:

DSC00747.jpg

Okay....beef set asaide.....time for (the few) remaining ingredients.....leftover mushrooms and a chopped onion....and a bit more peanut oil:

DSC00751.jpg

add a little garlic....

DSC00752.jpg

.....then hoisin sauce, the stir-fry sauce, a bit of soy sauce, and the very last of my mango-habanero hot sauce:

DSC00753.jpg

Toss....SSSSSSS....toss......SSSSSSSSSS...toss............SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

DSC00754.jpg

SHRIMPS!!!

DSC00755.jpg

Just before the final few stirs....a healthy dose of crushed cayenne!

DSC00756.jpg

Plate it up and enjoy a peaceful meal with my buddy, Weiser.

DSC00757.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

Concidering it didn't have many veggies in it.....(or other Asian-type stir fry yummies) it was pretty darn good, fast, and fun!

Awesome Paul. I'm going to be making a stir-fry tomorrow night I think. I'm thinking a beef and brocolli kind of thing.

mel said:
looks tasty paulie!! extra points for all the extra prep pics :)

I get a bit camera-happy after a few beers...;) especially now that I have such a nice camera on my phone! (that's how I took all of those)

paulky_2000 said:
I get a bit camera-happy after a few beers...;) especially now that I have such a nice camera on my phone! (that's how I took all of those)

I looked at each and every one of those stir fry pics. I think I'm now blind. Now I have to sue you and your phone. :rofl:

texas blues said:
I looked at each and every one of those stir fry pics. I think I'm now blind. Now I have to sue you and your phone. :rofl:

It helps if you have a few beers before viewing.....

....or at least it couldn't hurt!

I had a couple of pitchers of beer at the bar, but none here and I didn't drink any more for a photo op so I don't know if this is a foul for me to post here now or not. Well, maybe I will just make a drink and edit it in. Anyway, here is some pollock meuniere (at least I think that's what it is, emptying my freezer) and stir-fried vegetables.

Oh great... Here's proof of the beer.

100_6373.jpg

100_6372.jpg

100_6375.jpg

Back