food The Drunken Chef

yea, time to re-wine.

I'm getting poo pooed for something deep fried, but not to worry! Redemption is on the way!.............

...............tomorrow................

nice quiche, Pauly! When you headed out?

Dude, you do know that I was blind until recently. WTF would I do with a camera? You should be glad that I don't have one. You might get a glimpse of me and lose your appetite permanently!

I'm just lookin' out for ya!

pileiton said:
Dude, you do know that I was blind until recently. WTF would I do with a camera? You should be glad that I don't have one. You might get a glimpse of me and lose your appetite permanently!

I'm just lookin' out for ya!

What? You were blind? I am soooo sorry. I didn't know. Please accept my most humble apologies.

Leslie

I mentioned somewhere on here. That's why I was absent from the board for so long. The amputation didn't stop me because I don't type with my feet. Unless my hands are otherwise occupied!;)

I am so bummed. I can't be in the pie throwdown. I am in our State's Regional pool tournament this weekend and didn't get home last night until 2am and have to be back there at 1 this afternoon. Not enough time for what I wanted to do. I would have had time tomorrow, but somehow this one is shortened to just two days so I am out. Booooo. Hell, I'll make it anyway and post it here. That is if anyone wants to see Beer, Cheese, and BBQ Pie?

:woohoo: JT's not in the throwdown!! YEEEHAAA..

oh... oops... :oops::oops:i mean.. thats a shame JT.. less competition.. such a shame :P

Beer, BBQ & cheese in a pie sounds awesome-ness-ness!

mel said:
:woohoo: JT's not in the throwdown!! YEEEHAAA..

oh... oops... :oops::oops:i mean.. thats a shame JT.. less competition.. such a shame :P

Beer, BBQ & cheese in a pie sounds awesome-ness-ness!

I guess I should take that as a compliment that you consider me a thread, but I was looking forward to the challenge of something out of my normal realm of cooking.

JayT said:
I guess I should take that as a compliment that you consider me a thread, but I was looking forward to the challenge of something out of my normal realm of cooking.

it is a shame you cant compete JT.. and i feel for you.. i really do.. but not only do i consider you a threat.. i think of you as a thread as well :P

And now I get to spout off a little! Since I'm drinking and this is the cooking thread---

I had a triple-fail in the Pie Throwdown!

-First empanada entry disqualified cuz it was fried not baked
-Came home today at 4:00, jumped right into cooking some BAKED empanadas, totally missed the deadline! That sucks-
-Took pictures to post anyway, memory card not in camera and the camera cord got lost 2 years ago!

FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

Sad part is, the baked empanadas totally rocked, even better than the fried ones! But as they say, No Pics, Never Happened.

I'm going to get another drink!

SL I feel your pain. I too get the FAIL as I couldn't make the deadline. My mayhem wouldn't have started 'til at least 7pm tonight big dry ditch time.

Pi- they usually do. Don't know why the Boss made this one short.

It looks like there were 13 entries from 10 participants. Pauly, Mel and PepperRidgeFarm were the only ones to do the 2 entries allowed. Pauly did 2 quiche, PRF did 2 pizza, Mel did a savory and a sweet pie.

A lot of people didn't get in on the action.

i think its a shame that it finished so quick.. i dont know why this one was different?? i know the boss didnt like the pie idea.. but now the threads closed and voting wont be for another couple days.. i was going to take my time over the weekend but yesterday ended up as a mad scramble to get it all done.. my kitchen is still a mess!

Yea, Mel, my kitchen is a disaster also.

After staying up late posting, we got up late for some appointments today, so it was the 30-minutes-to-get-showers-for-3-people-and-out-the-door-with-the-first-cup-of-coffee-in-a-go-cup-dash. When we got home at 4:00, I didn't even check when the cut off was before starting to cook. Kitchen cleaning is next on the list............maybe manjana.........

Back