food The Drunken Chef

And now for your continued drunken entertainment pleasure.....from The Blues Kitchen last eve. Cast iron. Onions. Garlic. Red Bell. Grape toms. Orange Habs. Rice. Spanish paprika. Sea salt. Chix Stock. Scallops. A cast iron TB version of paella if you will. Dig....

IMG_2409.jpg

Dig it anew on a tortilla...

IMG_2410.jpg

Tasted good and hot but I was buzzed on brewhaha so thought I'd take a ride on the great white buffalo and add some sour cream and bhut powder. All ended well this morning...no achy breaky corn crib damage.

IMG_2411.jpg

Get your DC on ya'll. :beer:

Depends. You and the boys are going....where? Camping means....FIRE. FIRE means STEAK. STEAK means SHRIMP. Grilled Surf n' turf for camping!!

We're going to Mammoth Cave. Yeah, we'll have fire!....but I'm thinking a bit more simple this time out. I always get stuck with cooking a major meal and then cleaning it all up while everyone else enjoys themselves.

This time, I'm taking brats and mets....gonna grill some onion and pepper......and make some killer sammiches! Then, the next night, I'm gonna do some taco-burrito-ish type deal similar to what you've got above. I think it'll be awesome!

I'll take lots of pics!

Guns and tater salad :woohoo:

Yeah BUDDY!!!!!! :rofl:

TB, that looks like one fine epicurian delight and not to hard to make. Would love to see the recipie steps, :drooling: be outstanding with chicken or shrimp too I'll bet

We're going to Mammoth Cave. Yeah, we'll have fire!....but I'm thinking a bit more simple this time out. I always get stuck with cooking a major meal and then cleaning it all up while everyone else enjoys themselves.

This time, I'm taking brats and mets....gonna grill some onion and pepper......and make some killer sammiches! Then, the next night, I'm gonna do some taco-burrito-ish type deal similar to what you've got above. I think it'll be awesome!

I'll take lots of pics!

Yeah BUDDY!!!!!! :rofl:
NO MREs Paul?

Your camp grub sounds very yummy!

Looks good TB and I KNOW how hot that powder is! Paul, catch some fish and grill them! Nothing better than that.

Man...that DOES sound good!

:goes to see if his fishing pole and tackle box still exist:

I don't go fishin'. I go catchin'! A couple of fresh crappy fried up in the cast iron over the camp fire with some fresh squeezed lemon is as close to heaven as you can get. A couple of cold hosky's to wash it down and you're there!! Catchem' up Paul!!

Some of the best eats I ever had were when I went Striper fishing in the Chesapeake and we got back and filleted them right on the dock. I drove home and cooked them in the cast iron over butter with nothing more than a little salt pepper and a dusting of flour. Still makes my mouth water to this day. From the water to the stove in about three hours.

I think I just got an idea for the Grilling throwdown...

ohh god and I just thought of a drink for it too while i was typing the previous section of this post

Bring it wheebz....I am on fire from PF's powder. I am drunk on 'dorphins... You sir better pull out all the stops...Jay, Sum, Fitty4, and those Aussie bastards take no prisoners...and the biggest hitter...THP...won't even blink when he post's his HB&R. Have mercy!

Mex inspired pizza

Base: Bakers flour, yeast, creamed corn, salt and pepper
Base sauce: Old El Paso Taco sauce
Cheese: Mainland Extra Tasty
Toppings: Diced red onion, diced red capsicum (bell pepper), chicken thigh cooked in Nando's sauce, Don's Chorizo, more cheese and finely diced Old El Paso Jalepenos

Cooked on a pizza stone 8 mins @ 220 C

Quite tasty

And MANY beers were consumed pre and post cook :D
P6270558.jpg

Here's my meager contribution to all 'thangs Drunken Chef from last eve. 16/20 shrimp, fresh pina' wedges, a couple of fresno chile's and some Newcastle. (got one them thar mini party kegs out in teh Blues Fridge) Skewered the shrimps and then dusted with PF's Jamaican Hot Chocolate powder....have mercy..IT"S HOT!!

IMG_2428.jpg

The Blues Hibachi is perfect for this cuisine...

IMG_2431.jpg

Sides for dipping....wasabi mayo and sweet n' sour. Killermanjaro!

IMG_2439.jpg

Stay tuned to this same bat channel for more chaos later....

Yummmmm. I'd definitely hit that.

me too...

so whats up with the July 4th weekend throwdown...I have been absent too long...

got the kids and grandkids coming in Thursday night(01 July) and going home Monday morning...soooooo.....

here is what I am cooking...

Thursday night will be sammiches alread prepared and on a platter...maybe a few stuffed boiled eggs...should be good for gas production...

Friday - Steak and Fish (Maybe some shrimp too)

Saturday - Burgers, Dogs, Sausage, and Poppers (grilled and smoked)

Sunday - Ribs, Chicken, Burgers, Dogs, Pork Loin, Smoked Brisket

I will gain 10 pounds this weekend...

Back