food The Drunken Chef

:calls travel agent to get airfare to Ft Worth:

Better put Vegas on your ticket too...

IMG_2450.jpg

OH HELL YEAH! Diggin' the bark and the smoke ring.

Hey TB, you recognize this?

I am planning on burning up some peeps at my cookout today. Chorizo, chopped jalapenos, black olives, black beans, velveta, sour cream, pico de gallo, spices (cumin, red pepper, garlic), and AJ's Scorpion puree. Woohoo!

100_7012.jpg

100_7014.jpg

100_7016.jpg

I would say it is about two quarts worth anyway. I made it kinda hot and then to test it out in that bowl, I added another half a teaspoon of the Scorp. Holy crap that stuff is hot.

The question is... Do you remember eating it?

Here are a few pics from said bbq:

100_7013.jpg

had lots of beer, but this was the crown jewel.

100_7023.jpg

100_7022.jpg

some teriyaki pork skewers. These things turned out great

100_7018.jpg

100_7019.jpg

100_7021.jpg

There's drunken Wheebz waiting for food. Good times.

Busted Wheebz!! I love it. Jay my man! As usual...you get the hot blue and righteous! I need to come up with another rating system just for you, bastard!!! Too much good stuff!

I had a chicken in the refer that needed to get cooked, so I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to practice for the massive mayhem coming with this weekend's throwdown. I've never cooked a large chunk of meat like a whole bird on the barbie, so I stuck the cast iron skillet on the grate, turned both sides to High and let 'er sit for a bit.

Seasoned the chicky with some of my southwest chipotle spice mix and when I opened the lid to throw the carcass in the pan, the temp was 550F! :eek: Oh Well! into the pan it went, turned down the temps...and voila! Here's the results!

004.jpg

003.jpg

At one point, I opened the lid to check on things. The temp was 400F and grease was popping 2 feet high out of the skillet.

I gotta admit, I'm pretty pleased with the experiment! I wasn't sure about cooking in a skillet on the grill, but for what I have planned for the throwdown, it's critical to have the skillet.

And JayT and WW, looks like y'all had a great time!

Very nice looking chicken SL. Looking at that bird makes me wonder why I don't eat more of it. That one looks great!

Here's my drunky tomfoolishnessess from last eve. I've been eating off this same brisket. I just can't get enough of it! Last night while carving it I noticed it had gotten a little dry. Hmmmmm what to do?

Get Black Betty Ram-a-lam fired up with a little sautayification and caramelification goin' on...

IMG_2458.jpg

Whacked and hacked on teh brisket nicely...

IMG_2456.jpg

Got it all in Betty and hit her with half a hosky to simmer and mellow down easy...just look at that hotness!

IMG_2461.jpg

Leftover 'que and few sundried toms on a tortilla? KILLER!!

IMG_2463.jpg

Oye! Oye! Oye!

Holy Crap! How can it possibly keep getting better? Damn you TB! Damn you for not having that UDS and making me brisket two months ago. Damn you!

I made this measly stromboli. It was different though, it had ham and turkey, and monterey jack cheese, and bbq sauce. It is dusted with garlic, Italian seasoning, and Mombasa powder.

100_7025.jpg

100_7026.jpg

I added some Srirachi when I ate it.

Back