food The Drunken Chef

That looks sooooo good. I have some Mahi Mahi to make myself. I'm going to be making some this week sometime. Hope it turns out half as good as that.

Here's an entry for my DC droogies! Since I promised myself Retta would never feel like she was second-fiddle to you all when it came to showing off my cooking....here's an entry from the twin's sleepover tonight:

Spaghetti!

Yeah yeah....I know....brown your meat, add the sauce and serve it........

NOT!!!!

I pay the same love and attention to my pasta sauce as I do to my chili......it can not be rushed and taste good. PERIOD

Here's the teaser. (Hot Italian sausage, 80/20 beef, vidalia onion, mushrooms, crushed tomatoes, etc....etc...)

100_1324.jpg

Sliced the shrooms and onion:

100_1326-1.jpg

Brownin' tha meats!

100_1327-1.jpg

Getting HAPPY!

100_1328.jpg

dot dot dot.....

Onions joining the party...

100_1329-1.jpg

more of the first wave:

100_1331.jpg

Big can of crushed tomatoes and the wine:

100_1332.jpg

Then, it's all about reduction.....about an hour's worth on medium heat......

Ends up looking like this after 15 minutes:

100_1334-1.jpg

30 minutes:

100_1337-1.jpg

and finally....after an hour it resembles a sloppy joe mix:

100_1339.jpg

At that point, you cook your pasta, put the garlic bread in the oven, and add the pre-made jar of sauce: (notice the difference in the colors)

100_1340-1.jpg

When the two meld, it looks like this: (that sheen is SO sexy!!)

100_1341-1.jpg

Pasta....perfectly done:

100_1343.jpg

AAAAAAaaaaaaannnndddddd.....here's the plate!

100_1344-1.jpg

PF's fatalii powder and some grated parm......and that's all this dish needs!

100_1345-1.jpg

The kids all agreed....."It's better than Olive Garden"

100_1346-1.jpg

I tell ya....I get NO respect!! LOLOLOL!!

Is that two sets of twins and De Niro?

Hey...it was mainly for the kids. ;)

Bradley (one of my twins) kept saying it looked a lot like chili. I told him the prep was quite similar with different spices. Truth be told, I didn't really need to add the jar of sauce. It would have stood alone just fine with maybe a can of diced tomato......AND the fresh garlic!

four days and no posts here? What the hell? I guess I will have to remedy that. Since I have to work tomorrow (on my birthday), I am celebrating today. What better way to start than with a Defcon Zero Bloody Mary, a big piece of smoked sausage and a 30oz bone-in ribeye for breakfast?

100_7201.jpg

100_7202.jpg

100_7203.jpg

I also voted for you in the latest smackdown so you should be doubly honoured, but the two aren't linked, I just thought it looked good ;)

Been lurking for longer than I've been a member, and "happy birthday" seemed like a great way to break my post virginity ;) ... anyway, enjoy the rest of your today, because tomorrow is your birthday and you're working it ;)

¥

Back