food The Drunken Chef

Well, I missed out on the Beefless Burger Throwdown, but never fear, Drunken Matt is here! I felt that I needed to get into it and went with the juiciest turkey burger you have ever had. Sure, Turkey burger, WTF! But I guess that you just have to imagine it tasting good.

I will start with the obligatory...

P1010659.JPG

Then I made up the toasted bun along with a habanero/De Arbol/Cayenne BBQ sauce, mustard, lettuce, garden tomato (with the delicious salt and pepper on top) and then came the burger. Topped with Smoked Gouda, thick cut bacon, a little more of the BBQ sauce and all served up alongside some Tater Tots!

P1010663.JPG

And the money shot

P1010666.JPG

It was Awesome. It was 3/4lb. It was juicy. It was cheesy. It was...

Then tonight I made up a Pasta Carbonara and Garden Salad that after eating it, Ms. Up North figured out that there was 2,000 calories in the meal...hah

P1010669.JPG

Well, I missed out on the Beefless Burger Throwdown, but never fear, Drunken Matt is here! I felt that I needed to get into it and went with the juiciest turkey burger you have ever had. Sure, Turkey burger, WTF! But I guess that you just have to imagine it tasting good.

I will start with the obligatory...

P1010659.JPG

Then I made up the toasted bun along with a habanero/De Arbol/Cayenne BBQ sauce, mustard, lettuce, garden tomato (with the delicious salt and pepper on top) and then came the burger. Topped with Smoked Gouda, thick cut bacon, a little more of the BBQ sauce and all served up alongside some Tater Tots!

P1010663.JPG

And the money shot

P1010666.JPG

It was Awesome. It was 3/4lb. It was juicy. It was cheesy. It was...

Then tonight I made up a Pasta Carbonara and Garden Salad that after eating it, Ms. Up North figured out that there was 2,000 calories in the meal...hah

P1010669.JPG

I would have voted for this one

You guys are in for a treat today. Well, actually I am, but you can watch. On the menu is one GIANT ribeye, grilled chorizo, grilled chicken breasts, oh and Heartbreaking Dawn's new grilling glazed chicken legs. That, a bunch of beer and football are on my menu today. I will post some pics of my haul from the Pepper Festival yesterday too.

OMG Already eating the ribeye. Chicken is on. Here's the steak. I marinated it in soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, worchestershire, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, sesame oil, and steak rub. Then I put on some of the Hatch, NM Red Chili powder I got yesterday, and cranked the grill. After grilling on high for a while I turned it down and started basting it with Heartbreaking Dawn's Mango Habanero sauce. Turned out fantastic. Well, you be the judge.

100_7635.jpg

100_7637.jpg

100_7638.jpg

More to come later including booze.

Dude, I am just getting started. Have some patience. I drank enough last night to float a battleship. Gotta work my way into this slowly.

Dude, I am just getting started. Have some patience. I drank enough last night to float a battleship. Gotta work my way into this slowly.

Booooooooooooooooo....This IS the Drunken Chef thread and no booze drank'n yet? If that IS the case then this is an epic fail. :rofl:

I sure hope you know I'm j/k ;)

Beer drankin' is startin'. Here's the chicken just in time for kickoff.

100_7641.jpg

100_7642.jpg

100_7644.jpg

These are coated in my rub, then grilled and glazed with Heartbreaking Dawn's new Northstar Honey Datil grilling sauce.

Dang JT, that's FOOTBALL FOOD!!!!
Got my Dolphins on now, cheap beer flowin, but no drunken cheffery planned. I'll tailgate vicariously through you!

Back