food The Drunken Chef

Holy crap. Me and sum had a lot of beer. I proably shoulndt be posting anything now, but here I go.
We tried to make jerk chicken empanadas, but mrs. frydad made homemade pretzels. So we made empanadas and stuffed pretzels.
Here's the carnage. We burned the crap out of the stuffed pretzel. but it tasted great anyway.
Drunk.

CIMG1160.jpg

Busch light should win a medal of honor.

CIMG1167.jpg

soflo, drunker than ever.

Having Posted the drunkeness apparently two pages back, I now come to the food. Homemade buns that are cheddar and chile powder buns. Then some locally made Jalapeno Keilbasa and saurkraut, homegrown tomatoes and avacado...with dijon mustard. Delicious!

P1010672.JPG

P1010675.JPG

P1010676.JPG

I'm with you there. I have PBR on tap at my house. I get kegs from a local sports bar...even got the fancy tap pull that they have.
It's good to be a regular!! Nice showing Matt!

I can picture what happened to JT:

He saw that SoFlo Posse was getting involved in some drunken mayhem and he blurted, "I LOVE these cats!" whilst throwing the most recently popular PA-Posse two-handed gang gesture in the air. Then he decided to reminisce on SoFlo posts and looked up the Seafood Throwdown thread. Once he scrolled down to a SoFlo Posse entry his graphics card couldn't handle the awesomness... memory dumped on him and then "blue screened" him. Anger enraged him enough to throw a pillow in a "nothing is going to get seriously broken" area of his dwelling... knocking the computer's power cord from its socket and turning the blue screen to black. Enraging him further..., until drunken calmness told him, "I can pull one of the old computers out of the closet and fix this mess right now... or I can go to sleep and deal with it in the morning."

I feel your pain JT. Had this happen to me while posting a throwdown once before. ;)

Wow... Everything in this thread looks AWESOME.

I'll throw out a picture of some delicious habanero-chipotle-honey shrimp I grilled up the other day. :)

CIMG2019.jpg

Stem- those skrumps look good, but the rest of a plate... It's like ordering a plate of pancakes with a bunch of fruit on top. I brush off the fruit and eat the pancakes. Hit up the throwdowns next month, and don't bring white rice un-topped. You have talent in the shrimp department!

Cheers!

Back