food The Drunken Chef

Has anyone commented or noticed that-
if you keep the booze in the freezer, they are cold to begin with and when you make a mixed drink, they don't melt the ice and water down the drink! Less water more alcohol~ it's a good thing!

And it's a "good thing" Martha Stewart should take advantage of more often!!!

I'm sure y'all have probably already discussed this before. I didn't read through all 270 pages of this post. Just thought I'd throw that out there for those that like drinks mixed with ice.

whiskey on the rocks
rum and OJ
cosmopolitan
vodka anything
more bang for the buck-

can't comment on TQ.....bad time at a camp out......

Mixing the perfect martini requires a marrige of ice and top shelf vodka. Part of the wonderful, clean flavor happens when the vodka stirred over the ice with just a tiny bit of vermouth....

......yeahhhhhhhhhh :drooling:

Sometimes I like ice sometimes I don't. That's why I don't keep it in the freezer. When it is ice, it is only a couple of cubes though. Don't want to water it down. Wow I started a real controversy here didn't I?

7&7 is what makes me weak in the knees.... with ice of course........ :drunk:
love these and I hear ya about the knees too :rofl:

I've getting crazy over - Vodka Collins, and my latest is Limeade made with frozen limeade a can and half of Vodka rest water in 2qt container - I pour that in a glass with a splash of sweetend iced tea BANG my Arnold Palmer

100_7796.jpg

Damn you JT!! Those popper pics are making me want some NOW!!! Too bad I cant get my hands on any decent sized pods atm!! Looks like it'll be pizza for me tonight :(

yea JT those grill poppers look great!
well I should have some venison pics in a couple days...had a perfect double lunger pass through on an adult doe tonight :cool:

Fridays have been fish taco night lately here in the big dry ditch. Seems I have been doing the cast iron, garlic, onion, fresno, jalapeno, pequin dance ALOT the las few weeks. Add just a little sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, slap it on some corn tortillah's with some baked halibut and some squeezin's of lime...good 'Gawd ya'll!

IMG_2766.jpg

Surprisingly it goes rather nice with a pinot.

IMG_2768.jpg

More mayhem tonight.

Not in a box but definitely cheap juice. Woodbridge in a mag bottle. Should go well with the chorizo and mussels I got from the hippy joint today for this evenings "festivities".

Just a Hey-hey-hey.

SoFlo Posse has the beers flowing and the UM game on. Mayhem.
Doin' some football cuisine up the WRONG way. Gonna be delish.

Back