food The Drunken Chef

Mayhem in progress.
I just burned the crap out of my forearm for this drunken chef.
It was hilarious.

Wings.
Had to change the way we are doing them mid-cooking because of safety issues, so...
Wings...2 ways.

Grabbing a Busch Light. Back to the game.

Mayhem at SoFloville is slowing down and getting ready to turn in for the night. Thought we'd share a bit of our drunken sorcery of this eve.

Our normal, bulletproof method of cooking wings is low and slow on the grill. But the FD household was out of propane. New method: STEAM the wings, cool them in the fridge, then attempt to FRY them in the CI with a quarter inch of oil.

No good. Do NOT attempt this. So instead we threw them on a baking sheet to roast them brown.

Naw, we couldn't get this to work either. The FryWife put on the ol' swivel head... "I ain't eatin' no soggy wangs!"

So the CI had to step back in and redeem himself. Tossed them in the sauce and threw them back on the skillet for some brownage.

Success!

Here is our steamed wings. Gross looking, no doubt.
CIMG1196.jpg

Steamed then roasted wings sauced. "I ain't eatin' no soggy wangs!"
CIMG1197.jpg

Tossed in the CI and browned up. We mojoficated all over them with more sauce... not in picture, but good enough to make FD do something crazy.
CIMG1201.jpg

Tomorrow I'ma YouTube "I love Chicken" and think of tonight.
SoFlo

STEAM the wings, cool them in the fridge, then attempt to FRY them in the CI with a quarter inch of oil.

No good. Do NOT attempt this. So instead we threw them on a baking sheet to roast them brown.

Naw, we couldn't get this to work either. The FryWife put on the ol' swivel head... "I ain't eatin' no soggy wangs!"

So the CI had to step back in and redeem himself. Tossed them in the sauce and threw them back on the skillet for some brownage.

Success!
:rofl:

Damn dude! That's some drunk-ass cooking! Steamed wings, then fried, then baked, then fried, WTF? :lol:

Something is baked but it ain't the wings.

I don't want to know how you cooked the tots. Boiled?

My BROTHERS! Adapt. Improvise. And Overcome! Just too badass! I'd eat them 'wangs with my underwear on my head!

I gotz my foo foo manana... :dance:

That was nuts. No morning after regret. The pre-steam idea came from a Good Eats episode. Usually the stuff on that show is fun to try and comes out awesome.
He steamed 'em and then chilled them in the fridge, and then baked 'em crispy. I decided to steam, chill, and then fry, but they splattered ridiculously all over my kitchen (and arms). Fail 1.
So they went into the oven and I baked them for 40 minutes, but they weren't crisping up. It was almost halftime. Fail 2. Estimated wing time 2.5 hrs at this point. Hunger and debauchery setting in.
Sum came to the rescue when my wife made it known she expected us to make the wings perfect, and what we currently had was not that.
Back into the CI, minus the oil. Seared the crap out of the wings, until crispy and ready to serve.
Never cook wings like this. From now on I'm only using the grill or deep fryer. They tasted good, the sauces were magical, but it was a pain in the ass to cook wings for 3 hours.

BTW, the tots were microwaved, and then into the pressure cooker to soften the middle, into the toaster to develop a pre-crust, and then finished off in the bread machine.
And they might just be the best thing ever (especially when drinking) to sop up wing sauce and blue cheese.

Last night I was in the mood for some sort of Texafication but also had my eye on some mussels. Why not both? Groovy! I got down brown first with the tex-mex lasagna...

Olive oil, garlic, onion, japs, fresnos, pequins, sun dried toms, chorizo, refried pinto's, cilantro, cream, 4 cheese blend, and corn tort tillah's.

IMG_2771.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

Here's the creamy cheezy hotness chillin'....At this point it is most difficult to not take a bath in this stuff..

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

IMG_2778.jpg

Get outta' town ya'll!

IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2789.jpg

I reckon my cholesterol has been a little low. Not after this plate.

Picked up the mussels from the local hippy joint. Olive oil. garlic, pequins, sun dried toms, cilantro, chix stock, chardonnay....

IMG_2781.jpg

I wish I had bought more. I could have eaten another 5 pounds of these succulent morsels.

IMG_2785.jpg

Foo foo factor....6.5. :lol:

TB, WOW! That's awesome. SoFlo is busy deconstructing your recipe, figuring out how to add layers, and going to market it as Mexican Lasagna.

I'd give the mussel foo a full 7.

That wine is really good with a few ice cubes.

Damn TB, you blew the lid off that one! Always strong in the tex-mex category, but this might be some of your best!!!

Much obliged SoFlo for the kudo's. I was having some of the leftover "lasagna" this morning and mrs. blues now wants me to make her the same thing but with ground turkey. I had her at cheese.

BTW, the tots were microwaved, and then into the pressure cooker to soften the middle, into the toaster to develop a pre-crust, and then finished off in the bread machine.
And they might just be the best thing ever (especially when drinking) to sop up wing sauce and blue cheese.
:lol:

SoFlo posse is living up to the Drunken Chef theme. I've seen way too many sober meals in here.

How can you tell? Drunks don't foo! :lol:

I'm reheating the wings right now for the Dolphins game. They have been:
Steamed
Fried
Roasted
Seared
and now Baked.

Lots of people cook chicken wings 5 times.

I didn't have the faculties to foo last night, though I would have loved to spruce those pics up, upon further review.

TB wowzers on the Tex-Mex :eek: but you need to post drunk. No more sober posts the next day.

Please sign my No Piccys Manana petition!

Back