food The Drunken Chef

That wine is really good with a few ice cubes.

was that directed at me?:lol:

PF, who doesn't like tater tots?

TB, that was a whole lot of foo on both meals. I saw the sauce drizzled on the plate with the Mexican Lasagne!

Good looking eats by all. I didn't do much cooking this weekend, but I did do a whole lot of boozin'!

Carry on.

I signed the petition, but now I have pen marks on my confuser screen. :banghead:
Does anyone know how to remove ink from a laptop screen????????? :think:

SoFlo Drunken Cameo Twice Cooked Ribs

SoFlo Posse, still going strong, day 2. My mason jar hasn't been dry all weekend. We decided that oven ribs needed a try. Of course we couldn't stop at one cooking method, given the theme of the weekend.
Rubbed some spare ribs with our habanero spice bbq rub. Put 'em in a lasagna pan, covered, and cooked at 300 for 3 hours or so. Enough time for the damn dolphins to lose to the damn steelers on a damn stupid ass technicality...I digress.
Once they came out of the oven, hit em with some smoke on the hot grill, topped with some raw sugar to make a caramel crust.
The mrs made some onion rings. Baked not fried because we're big on health.
Unlike the wing debacle of last night, these ribs were PERFECT!!!! Tender, smoky, saucy, and easy!!! (I premake my rub and sauce in large batches...thats what she said)
Enjoy!
RIBS BEING OVENIZED
CIMG1204.jpg

THROWIN THOSE BABYS ON THE GRILL FOR SOME CRISPINESS!!!
CIMG1205.jpg

BUSCH LIGHT HAS WON SEVERAL AWARDS
CIMG1207.jpg

SUM'S AWESOMENESS CAN BE SEEN ON HIS FACE, NEXT TO THE BBQ SAUCE
CIMG1211.jpg

MRS FD SAID NOT TO POST THIS ONE
CIMG1212.jpg

TIT FOR TAT
CIMG1214.jpg

CRACKING A NIGHT CAP. GOTTA GO TO WORK TOMORROW!!!!
GOOD TIMES W SUM, FO SHO!!

FD

That was nuts. No morning after regret. The pre-steam idea came from a Good Eats episode. Usually the stuff on that show is fun to try and comes out awesome.
He steamed 'em and then chilled them in the fridge, and then baked 'em crispy. I decided to steam, chill, and then fry, but they splattered ridiculously all over my kitchen (and arms). Fail 1.
So they went into the oven and I baked them for 40 minutes, but they weren't crisping up. It was almost halftime. Fail 2. Estimated wing time 2.5 hrs at this point. Hunger and debauchery setting in.
Sum came to the rescue when my wife made it known she expected us to make the wings perfect, and what we currently had was not that.
Back into the CI, minus the oil. Seared the crap out of the wings, until crispy and ready to serve.
Never cook wings like this. From now on I'm only using the grill or deep fryer. They tasted good, the sauces were magical, but it was a pain in the ass to cook wings for 3 hours.

BTW, the tots were microwaved, and then into the pressure cooker to soften the middle, into the toaster to develop a pre-crust, and then finished off in the bread machine.
And they might just be the best thing ever (especially when drinking) to sop up wing sauce and blue cheese.

The Good Eats method is usually good for crispy wangs. Don't give up on it, yet. You were too drunk to try this method. Next time do it slightly less inebriated with a hotter oven and a little extended cooking time. Also, don't chill them. Not necessary. Alton don't know everythang.

I will say that you deserve the THP equivalent of a purple heart for sustaining a wound while drunken cheffing.

5Oooooohhhh!!! Too bad you weren't down here yesterday to get us learned on this Alton method. The oven ribs were delish, but nothing like the stuff we pull out of the smoker. Hit up the waffle throwdown next month. I'll be out of that one... cousin's wedding in CT.
Holla!

The last six posts make me feel like I've been drinking......

......then again, perhaps it's the drinking that makes me feel like I've been drinking.

That's some good lookin eat's, I like doin ribs in the oven. Westcoast football was fantastic, Raiders over Broncos, what a game. :dance:

The last six posts make me feel like I've been drinking......

......then again, perhaps it's the drinking that makes me feel like I've been drinking.

I haff to laugh... I can picture P2K, clad in bear fur and bronze, raising a goblet of mead to cheer SoFlo Posse. His TD crown slips and hits the brim of his nose. Then he yells (whilst drawing his broadsword), "The dragons are coming!!!"

Paul is shhhnockered on Absinthe.

P2K, beware the green fairy!

I haff to laugh... I can picture P2K, clad in bear fur and bronze, raising a goblet of mead to cheer SoFlo Posse. His TD crown slips and hits the brim of his nose. Then he yells (whilst drawing his broadsword), "The dragons are coming!!!"

Paul is shhhnockered on Absinthe.

P2K, beware the green fairy!
Maybe a mink, not a bear fur.
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/18439-all-hallows-eve-halloween/page__view__findpost__p__393138
Enjoy.

Halloween4.jpg

:rofl:

There are MANY words that are eluding me right now.

But I do declare that the NEXT Druncken Chef posting MUST be posted with "Chef in costume".
I say this holds till Nov. 1 <--- DON'T disappoint the DC!

Good idea! PK2 dust off the dress. Oh wait, it's not dusty? ;)

SoFlo Drunken Cameo Twice Cooked Ribs

SoFlo Posse, still going strong, day 2. My mason jar hasn't been dry all weekend. We decided that oven ribs needed a try. Of course we couldn't stop at one cooking method, given the theme of the weekend.
Rubbed some spare ribs with our habanero spice bbq rub. Put 'em in a lasagna pan, covered, and cooked at 300 for 3 hours or so. Enough time for the damn dolphins to lose to the damn steelers on a damn stupid ass technicality...I digress.
Once they came out of the oven, hit em with some smoke on the hot grill, topped with some raw sugar to make a caramel crust.
The mrs made some onion rings. Baked not fried because we're big on health.
Unlike the wing debacle of last night, these ribs were PERFECT!!!! Tender, smoky, saucy, and easy!!! (I premake my rub and sauce in large batches...thats what she said)
Enjoy!
RIBS BEING OVENIZED
CIMG1204.jpg

THROWIN THOSE BABYS ON THE GRILL FOR SOME CRISPINESS!!!
CIMG1205.jpg

BUSCH LIGHT HAS WON SEVERAL AWARDS
CIMG1207.jpg

SUM'S AWESOMENESS CAN BE SEEN ON HIS FACE, NEXT TO THE BBQ SAUCE
CIMG1211.jpg

MRS FD SAID NOT TO POST THIS ONE
CIMG1212.jpg

TIT FOR TAT
CIMG1214.jpg

CRACKING A NIGHT CAP. GOTTA GO TO WORK TOMORROW!!!!
GOOD TIMES W SUM, FO SHO!!

FD

:woohoo:

WAY TO GO FRY!!!! Now that meal makes up for the tots :lol:

Those ribs look awesome and should receive the highest rating around! Definitely sex on a plate!

PF, who doesn't like tater tots?

Nothings wrong with tater tots, but...guess I never thought about showcasing them here. Kind of like making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and posting it in this thread. Not sure that fits in the DC. I did give salivate over the wings though. But, given his level of inebriation, it's all good. ;)

Back