food The Drunken Chef

I really try and concentrate on figuring out what he's trying to say and not notice the picture. The first time I saw it my eyes started burning like I had wiped them after cutting up a bunch of 7pods WOOOOoooooooooo!

So Beef And Arugula Pasta. First thing is to understand that RocketLady and my little bottle rockets cant take the heat. So I started making my own sauces. See that green bottle in teh middle back? There's 3 pounds of Habanerro Pappers in that 1 bottle. Now do you see anything wrong with that? I didn't either.
3b44b372.jpg

Mr Garlic meet Mr Onion. I really like how you two play so nicely together. Now some say that there is such a thing as too much garlic but they havent tasted my 100 clove chicken.
7444d620.jpg

Adding a pound of 80/20 Ground Beef
fac4a113.jpg

And now to serve. This meal was a TOT, that's Time onto Table, of 35 minutes. Oops, it's time for another cold one. Hope you enjoyed as much as I did. Now wheres that beer?

d0226fca.jpg

That looks like a killer dish! I see nothing wrong with anything you did. Keep it coming and thanks for sharing and welcome to the DC thread.

Thanks it really turned out good. The sour of the lemon zest and juice, the bitter of the Arugula and the hot of the Hab sauce really make for a killer combo.

History lesson to start the day. You'll like this one.

Guess what the number one morning drink was before coffee came to America.

Your ready?

It was Beer! Have a great weekend.

Interesting side note, there was no afterburner effect this morning. Hum, ingredients I used have all been used in hot dishes before except one, the Arugula. This may warrent further investigation.

Thanks it really turned out good. The sour of the lemon zest and juice, the bitter of the Arugula and the hot of the Hab sauce really make for a killer combo.

History lesson to start the day. You'll like this one.

Guess what the number one morning drink was before coffee came to America.

Your ready?

It was Beer! Have a great weekend

You mean some people don't drink beer in the morning? :eek:

Friday night fish taco night yall. Pacific cod, 26/30 white shrimps, olive oil, garlic, onion, pequins and 'penos. Invited my snooty friends
chard and cab to the evening mayhem.

IMG_2828.jpg

I'm addicted to the tampico chile powder too.

IMG_2830.jpg

A little Cacique chile cheese don't hurt nuthin'.

IMG_2827.jpg

Say hello to teh hotness! I ate 4 of these babies but coulda' filled the feed trough and dove in naked!

IMG_2831.jpg

Cheers yall.

Nice TB, but I'd invite some riff raff ( :beer: ) to crash that snoot fest.

TB, as always those fish tacos are awesome looking! I would crash that snoot-fest to bring some real excitement to that party you mentioned. Then watch out, I'd be like the Tasmanian Devil devouring those tacos. :lol:

I enjoy the best of the Old World and the New World. Coffee followed by beer for breakfast. Breakfast of champions :rofl:

I agree. But, it is good to get both alcohol and coffe in one too. Irish Coffee, Yummy! :D

Well RocketLady and the BottleRockets are out for a girls night out and it's just a couple of buddies, a rack of good beer about half gone and we're getting hungry. I'm thinking that since we're drinking a German style beer I should do some pork. So the menu tonight is, darn beers empty hang on.

Ok, sorry but there is an proper order in which to do things and the drunken chef with an empty that needs to be replaced is high on that list. On now, tonights menu is Cider brased pork loin with winter veggies. Pics and such to follow. Now wheres the bottle opener....

Ok, sorry but there is an proper order in which to do things and the drunken chef with an empty that needs to be replaced is high on that list. On now, tonights menu is Cider brased pork loin with winter veggies. Pics and such to follow. Now wheres the bottle opener....

To quote my good amigo Jay...."less talky and more piccy...chop chop!" Although I DO like your style compadre!

Sorry couldn't post last night. After dinner the guitars came out, I was on bass, and that was all she wrote. TB I'm sure you know what I mean. Ok, now for some Pics.

First here's the maditory one. Really good stuff if you've never had it.
9e8a66e3.jpg

Sorry if their a little fuzzy, taken with phone.

Had a nice Pork Tenderloin that I made a rub for like this. That's Chineese Five Spice. Super stuff if you have never tried it. I'm thinking about making a sauce based on it sometime.
d9e83552.jpg

Then into the cast iron for a nice sear.
3e61b1d6.jpg

Here are the winter veggies. In one are Butternut Squash, 2 Golden Delis Apples and a large sweet onion and in the other is half of a Savoy Cabbage and some Kale. Then there is s cup of good Apple Cider. Wish I still lived in Washington state sometimes.
81eee208.jpg

After a good sear out comes Mr Pig and the veggies get a start.
First the apple mix goes in till the squash is fork tender.
0f9dd930.jpg

Then the cabbage and kale go in for about 5 minutes.
fbcf1599.jpg

Then everything goes back in for a nice apple cider bath about 20 minutes and it's time to plate.
c321d038.jpg

This is Buddy and Misty. Their the rulers of anything that hits the floor and they had a good dinner last night too.
c17c334a.jpg

And of course dinner just isn't any good if you dont break sweat so here are my 2 current sauces. West Texas Prairie Burnner is a Hab sauce and the Hill Country Hot Sauce it a Jalapeno and Serrano sauce.
a0a43235.jpg

Hopefully I'll get a pepper garden in this year. I haven't been able to find a good place to get any peppers other than Orange Hab, Jalapeno's and Serranos. Occationally I can get a Scotch Bonnett but they go quickly. Hope you enjoyed as much as we did. Till next time Bon Appetit Y'all.

Almost forgot, the girls all got back about the time the guitars came out and the fire got started. They wanted something warm to drink so I made some of my special hot chocolate. It's the usual milk, cocoa, sugar and vanilla but I add Cayenne Pepper and a little Jack to it, well, not for the BottleRockets. Not old enough for that yet. Have a great weekend everyone!

im thinking of doing a whole bunch of fried shit today

i have no idea what I want to cook, someone hook me up with some ideas

Back