food The Drunken Chef

Dad, I can't eat this. My badger spleens are touching my deep fried wren's livers. Gag, I have to wash this down with Dr. Pepper.

How about some rippers (deep fried hot dogs) topped with poppers?

made cheese steaks and fried taters

i have pics, but they are upstairs and I dont feel like going to get them

im pretty schwasted

Booooo this is the drunken chef not the lazy chef.

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0214.jpg

the fried tater wedges were incredible, i sliced them and fried them in peanut oil, seasoned with old bay

cheese sauce was smoked cheddar and mozz, with red savina powder, flank steak was tenderized for a good 10 minutes by myself, and was seasoned with montreal steak seasoning, rolls were fresh from the bakery, and the onions and peppers were in garlic, grape seed oil, brown sugar, and Sassy's Pepper Blend, caramelized and delicious

Damn wheebz that's a righteous cheese steak and fries!

The Philadelphia Cheesesteak has been dethroned by the Wrightsville Cheesesteak. Go PA!

Meat looks a little thick for a c.s. and could use a sear (cast iron!) but other than that...

I'm deducting points for that little dollop of that awesome cheese sauce :lol:

dude i added cheese sauce all over both sides of the bread, and then once more on top of the steak

every bite was a mouth full of awesome fiery cheesiness

dude i added cheese sauce all over both sides of the bread, and then once more on top of the steak

every bite was a mouth full of awesome fiery cheesiness

What a bunch of critics. Wheebz, I think it looks out of this world! That C.S. is one of the best looking I've seen for awhile.

Damn wheebz that's a righteous cheese steak and fries!

The Philadelphia Cheesesteak has been dethroned by the Wrightsville Cheesesteak. Go PA!

Meat looks a little thick for a c.s. and could use a sear (cast iron!) but other than that...

Weebz, great job, I'm gonna try that one. But have to agree with THP on the sear of the meat, like mine browned on the outside. Taters with Old Bay, never tried that one, sounds great, nothing beats good fried taters

Oh yeah, taters in old bay is the bomb digity. I like to take left over baked tarred, cut them up home fry style add the old bay let them get real happy in some butter so they have a nice crust on the outside and are tender on the inside. Add some onion and green peppersand the. When a out done add scrambled eggs and sharp cheater cheese. Best breakfast ever. Not bad for dinner either.

What a bunch of critics.

C'mon now....I went easy on him. I didn't say anything about not marinading and grilling the flank first before slicing or not using cast iron instead of the foo foo stainless and having a copper bottomed pot in the shot but not in use or using evil teflon...blah...blah...blah.. :rofl:

BTW..we have 282 pages of critics in this thread. :lol:

Doing a simple chicken salad tonight.......I hear it goes well with cheap beer. ;)

Leftover roast chicken (chopped), celery, onion, Paul Prudhomme's Poultry Magic for starters:

100_2498.jpg

One whole orange habanero (julienned), then some S&P:

100_2499.jpg

100_2502.jpg

A couple hard boiled eggs (chopped):

100_2500.jpg

100_2503.jpg

My small container of delicious Dukes Mayonaise....it's a beautiful thing!!

100_2504.jpg

Just a medium glob.......and stir to combine:

100_2505.jpg

Gonna let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or so to let the flavors meld.....then serve it on THESE:

100_2501.jpg

Yup....I've never made chicken salad. :lol:

Finished photos a week from Thursday......

Back