food The Drunken Chef

Paul, those wings are...well...I have to say...uhm...Hot Balls of Fire! They look out of this world and so heavenly, that like TB said Booo for not sharing any with me. Looking at the wings I was drooling profusely. Then watching you guys eat them...well that made my eyes water from jealousy. WOW!!!!

DTS, that lamb also looks AMAZING! I may have to find me some lamb to cook up since it has been a while since I have made it and if I can cook it up half as good as you did, I'll be in heaven.

Muchas Gracias, Paul!

I have to say...the "dry seasoned" wings with the Old Bay and your powder make for a perpetually crisp skin and fantastic flavor....

....then you dip'em in the buffalo sauce....

:woohoo:

DTS, that lamb is truly inspirational! Salsadude wants us to do a lamb roast, it looked so good. And he also wants to do wings just because we've never done them.

In the mean time-
Yesterday's and today's meals was a SW Chile 3-way.
Southwest chicken pasta with leftovers
Southwest scrambled eggs with left overs
Southwest burgers with leftovers

Don't worry, Pauly, pictures are Coming Soon...
.....just like movies and men. ;)

After a day in the salsa kitchen working with powders, contraptions and such, I come in the house and everyone's hungry! What's in the refer?

a few slightly dry mushrooms, slightly wilted carrots, most of an onion, partial tub of sour cream, little over a cup of penne pasta (usually not enough for our family :( )half-package of chicken, assorted veggies, and some New Mexico "Hatch" roasted chiles and chile powder! Thank you, ChileAddict!!!

ad89997d.jpg

Saute things, add a little red chiles...then some more red chiles...
d6d70d2b.jpg

e554e798.jpg

add some chicken broth, a blob of sour cream, S & P, reduce, things looked a little plain, so I added some broccoli, also.
abd337b7.jpg

DINNER IS SERVED! (now shut up and eat it!)
03051764.jpg

Great thing was, Salsakid asked for seconds, and he ate all the veggies~~~

This is part 1 of 2. Like all things worth waiting for...More To Come!

Part 2, Day2

Breakfast-
scrambled eggs with more southwest chiles, chile powder, sauteed onions and a toasted english muffin.(or is that biscuit?!?!??? :confused: )
4a03593f.jpg

994fdc1c.jpg

6c4eb517.jpg

DINNER!!!---
Southwest chile burgers with Spicy Fries!
yaddayaddayadda, y'all know how to make burgers~~~

ground beef, SW chiles, chile powder, S&P, BBQ grill-
8cdd2792.jpg

fec768d1.jpg

725ba3a0.jpg

Salsadude cooked the burgers perfectly, and the Kid scarffed it all. It's all good, and it wasn't TOP RAMEN!

Worth the wait? I hope so, it was for me.

thanks y'all-

This is The Drunken Chef speaking.....Where 'da booze at???
just out of the picture in the pasta post, and right next to the fries in the burger post! And since you won't be able to tell from the picture, it's wine in a beer glass. :D

Pauly, glad to oblige ;)

This

04aa209a.jpg

Plus this

0063b9b3.jpg

Equals this with a nice bite

4b19e9d9.jpg

Now lets do some cooking
I'm doing Chicken with lemon and green olives and Cous Cous with roasted garlic and olive oil.

First we need to brown the boneless, shinless thighs

dcc04f87.jpg

Deglaze the pan with a little of this

f719eaa6.jpg

Into the pan goes onion, green pepper and lets get a little garlic in there too.

f034be3e.jpg

Add a little bit of my jalapeno powder

fb7025f5.jpg

Return the chicken and add juice of 1 lemon and 1/2 cup water

68e00bc9.jpg

Cous Cous

410f9235.jpg

Ready to eat just in time.

8e85ae98.jpg

Yummmmmmm, just the right heat and no complaints from RocketLady.

Oops, I just double posted. Sorry bout that.

Hot blue and righteous RM! Not the same thang but looking at that cous cous has got me riled to do somethang with a box of quinoa I have just dyin' to be cooked. Love the chix and olive thang also. I do almost the same dish but with the addition of married arties. 'Peno powder? Nice.

You should add a little garlic, fire roasted red peppers and some feta to that quinoa. Love that stuff with some nice juicy chops or grilled chicken.

Back