food The Drunken Chef

The build....

Southwest dip-style sour cream, jalapenos, beans, and rice on an 8 inch tortilla.....

100_3049.jpg

The meat filling and some habanero cheddar....

100_3051.jpg

Roll it up....and:

100_3053.jpg

....repeat....repeat. :cool:

Pauly, I'm licking the monitor again! :drool:

:rofl:

quick question- did the TC dip mix go into the burger or the sour cream? (confusing first post :confused: )

I made some clam chowder today and spiked it with Peruvian White habanero puree and topped with a little parmesan cheese. Sorry, no pics, as it wasn't that exciting to look at. I was looking at the soup trying to figure out how in the world to spice up clam chowder so I figured white chiles and white cheese, that's as good a guess as anything. I was very surprised at how good it tasted with the habs and parm! Never would have thought hab puree and parm would work so well in clam chowder. Just an idea, maybe someone will try it sometime.

I made some clam chowder today and spiked it with Peruvian White habanero puree and topped with a little parmesan cheese. Sorry, no pics, as it wasn't that exciting to look at. I was looking at the soup trying to figure out how in the world to spice up clam chowder so I figured white chiles and white cheese, that's as good a guess as anything. I was very surprised at how good it tasted with the habs and parm! Never would have thought hab puree and parm would work so well in clam chowder. Just an idea, maybe someone will try it sometime.
SL, what a great idea! Sounds like your chowder was monitor-licking good! :hell:

Pauly, I'm licking the monitor again! :drool:

:rofl:

quick question- did the TC dip mix go into the burger or the sour cream? (confusing first post :confused: )

:lol:

I actually mixed it in with the beef. It worked wonderfully!!!

I know it wasn't made for that, but it makes a damn fine mexican/tex-mex meat seasoning!! :woohoo:

Wheebz over in the TD discussion thread was reading my mind with the peanut butter and broccoli suggestion.

Tonight was Thai Peanut Noodles!

Diced chicken seasoned with salt, pepper and red pepper blend, onion, red bell, broccoli, carrot, peruvian white puree, garlic, linguine, Ponzu sauce, peanut butter, hot chile sesame oil (we LOVE this in top ramen!) and cilantro for the garnish.
013cf76d.jpg

Got the chicky cooking first in a little coconut oil and hot chile seame oil, S&P, garlic, red blend, then add the veggies.
49297c9f.jpg

Ran out of room in the saute pan, so it all went back into the stock pot. Chicken broth, peanut butter, Ponzu, and pasta. Not hot enough so, more red blend and some puree. STILL not hot enough, so we added more red blend on the plate.

383a51ce.jpg

Side of fresh toms and dinner is served~
2d86cbe8.jpg

Note to The THP Boss-

fwiw- a humble asking that-

When Replicator Technology ...as in... the Star Trek food replicator technology... becomes available...PLEASE GET IT ASAP!

SKIP that whole smell-a-vision-thang and go for the whole enchilada!

I can't afford to keep replacing the monitors and keyboards ruined from all the drooling while looking at everyone's wonderful foods!

:lol: It's a good thing! :cool:

Nice job SL :cheers: With all that you gotta have leftovers. I don't know about the replicator thing, all I'd do then is sit here and search this forum, replicate and EAT :crazy:

Nice job SL :cheers: With all that you gotta have leftovers. I don't know about the replicator thing, all I'd do then is sit here and search this forum, replicate and EAT :crazy:

Yep, leftovers were in the plans so honey would have some good food while 'Kid and I are over in Seattle for the Wing Challenge. And I'd be locked to the keyboard also. Replicate food and drink, eat, repeat!

I'm seeing an endless supply of beer....
Wheebz, get ready! :)

Whorrey morrey!

Dogs smothered in chili, western spaghetti, wraps of delight [edit: crushed cans]... MANZZIES!!!

P2K and SL have been blowing this thread up!

SoFlo approved! You cats get a gold star and a SoFlo stamp of approval.

ohhh god

attack of the King Texas Ranch Casserole!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its basically a texas style casserole with onions, bell peppers, serrano's, habanero's, tomatoes, green chilis, pulled chicken, and rice, all seasoned with ancho chili powder, Red Savina powder, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic, thyme, and then you throw in some buttermilk to get it really thick and rich

toss all of it over a bed of rice in a baking dish, top with cilantro, sour cream, crushed tostito's, lime juice, and pepper jack and sharp cheddar cheese, then baked in the oven for like 20 minutes and BAM

casserole

ill have a picture up in like 10 minutes once I pull it out of the oven

with obligatory Great Divide Hibernation old ale being consumed simultaneously

Wow weebz, that looks fantastic. :cheers: Chicken and Rice two of the Ms. favorites, definately gonna have to try that one. Surprised no one has been here already.

Back