food The Drunken Chef

fajitas6.jpg

Mmmmmm... these will be good on a wrap with some pepper jack
cheese and possibly some sour cream and avocado.

Yum!
Looks darn tasty. :hell:

To TB with love,

I haven't posted in da drunkie chef for lovee long time TB...
Here is one blackened (on the grill) catfish po'boy with homemade pickled vegetables (and spicy pickles) and Bhut Sauce by Grill Master Chuck... good GOD!!!!!!!!!!

(plus a whole mess o smoked jerk chix)

Attachments

• poboy_5-29-11.jpg
    poboy_5-29-11.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 83
  • poboy2_5-29-11.jpg
    poboy2_5-29-11.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 101
  • poboy3_5-29-11.jpg
    poboy3_5-29-11.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 85
Too much car racing! After a loooooooong day of gettin' fershnickened....

SoFlo coming at you sans banana leaf this evening.

Brought out the SL BBQ sauce from the cellar. It's been aged like a fine wine, and we cherish it as such. In an attempt to keep as much of it around in its unaltered state, SoFlo attempted what could be considered blasphemy... we "watered it down" with ranch dressing... and created the most awesome slider-topping sauce ever!

IMG_3686.jpg

Tots... the best sauce sopping drunken food ever.

IMG_3688.jpg

BOOM

THP, trying to wrap my mind around pickles on blackened catfish - I'll have to give that a try!

Summer, VERY tasty-looking sliders there.

THP, trying to wrap my mind around pickles on blackened catfish - I'll have to give that a try!
What?! You need pickles on a po'boy.

You don't eat pickles on your fish sammies? Think tartar.

Crazy gemme.

Generally don't eat fish sammies - generally don't eat sammies of any kind, since I'm not a huge bread fan. And same for any mayo-based sauce, including tartar, as I'm not a huge mayo fan. But a variety of pickled veggies on a good blackened catfish sounds intriguing...

PS - "eating a sandwich" to me is usually eating half, then taking out the rest of the middle and just eating that, leaving the rest of the bread behind.

Homemade pickled cukes and tomatoes, and the spicy pickles are called 20 Pepper Pickles. Slammin' on the sammy give it a whirl.

No mayo for me either. Nice fresh crusty whole wheat bread baked this morning, toasted on the grill, fish, veg, hot sauce.

That's a healthy po'boy!

To TB with love,

I haven't posted in da drunkie chef for lovee long time TB...
Here is one blackened (on the grill) catfish po'boy with homemade pickled vegetables (and spicy pickles) and Bhut Sauce by Grill Master Chuck... good GOD!!!!!!!!!!

(plus a whole mess o smoked jerk chix)

wow..its only 7:44 am and that thing is making my mouth water. Awesome

Brought out the SL BBQ sauce from the cellar. It's been aged like a fine wine, and we cherish it as such. In an attempt to keep as much of it around in its unaltered state, SoFlo attempted what could be considered blasphemy... we "watered it down" with ranch dressing... and created the most awesome slider-topping sauce ever!

IMG_3686.jpg

SumBits- those sliders look awesome, and that sauce with the ranch and BBQ sounds really good! We're going to try it ourselves. A Southwest Ranch sauce, can't wait to try it. Glad you guys are enjoying the BBQ. It's un-officially for sale now.

THP's po'boy is makin' me huuuunnnngggrrryyy!

SL

LOL...but seriously...I'm not sure how to process these! (Can't drink milk or milkshakes)
Two sweet options to consider: A) Find my post on douglah bourbon chews, and substitute these for the dried douglahs, or B) Find my post on chile-infused pineapple rum cake, which was on the first TD I entered, and substitute these for the cayennes. Either way, leave them halved (assuming they are halved), and soak in either bourbon or rum to rehydrate as well as infuse the flavor and heat into the alcohol. If you want me to post a link, let me know.

Of course, you can pulverize them to a powder and use on meat, veggies, in sauces, etc.

THP, the po-boy looks awesome!!! but you might need to move it to another thread.
This is drunken chef, and I understand that one of the rules is that there needs to be a drink in the pics.

I guess because you dedicated it to TB it can stand.
Just try harder next time.

Two sweet options to consider: A) Find my post on douglah bourbon chews, and substitute these for the dried douglahs, or B) Find my post on chile-infused pineapple rum cake, which was on the first TD I entered, and substitute these for the cayennes. Either way, leave them halved (assuming they are halved), and soak in either bourbon or rum to rehydrate as well as infuse the flavor and heat into the alcohol. If you want me to post a link, let me know.

Of course, you can pulverize them to a powder and use on meat, veggies, in sauces, etc.

I don't like sweets...lol.

I think I'll flake it, and make a few spice blends. I think it would go nicely with a little salt, garlic powder, onion powder, coarse black pepper, scotch bonnets and arbols...

Unfortunately, I dropped my dried pepper shredder thingie, and it doesn't work that well. I guess I could grind it up between a couple of rocks, lol.

Anyone called you picky lately? LOL

If you're going to flake it, you can simply rub the dried pods between your hands. Of course, wearing gloves is a suggestion if you're going to do this. If you're going to make a finer powder, Try putting them into a freezer ziploc, then hitting it with the flat end of a kitchen mallet. This is assuming you've only got the one package and not like 12 packages.

Geeeebus the quality of the food on here is escalating. YUM guys. I have planned quite a few times to enter a thread here but when I get pissed I never remember too take photos. I just think "Must Eat Now".

Anyone called you picky lately? LOL

If you're going to flake it, you can simply rub the dried pods between your hands. Of course, wearing gloves is a suggestion if you're going to do this. If you're going to make a finer powder, Try putting them into a freezer ziploc, then hitting it with the flat end of a kitchen mallet. This is assuming you've only got the one package and not like 12 packages.

Cool...thanks. I may toss some dry ride in the bag for a week, to complete the drying out...they are still a little flexy.

A Tribute to Keith Floyd, the original Drunken Chef!

Keith Floyd was an irreverent TV food show host in England back in the 80's. John would video tape the shows on PBS, we still have some of the tapes around here somewhere.

Floyd would travel around Britain and eventually around the world doing shows about the local foods, showing viewers where their food came from and how to cook it. Floyd cooked in people's homes, local restaurants & inns, and most of the time, cooking outside. And he always had a glass of wine in hand. Mistakes happened, things got burned, the wind or rain would come up and the show went on.

Recently we've found many, many episodes on youtube. They are informative as well as entertaining.

But for now, Keith Floyd, this slurp's for you!

Garlic, parmesan and yellow blend chile powder on bagette slices,
Steamed clams in wine, garlic, onion, butter, parsley and yellow chile powder
Snow crab dipped in yellow blend chile powder butter.

(yellow blend chile powder has fatalii, aji chinchi, and orange peter peppers in it)

100_5503.jpg

check out the wine titles-
100_5504.jpg

butter for the crostinis
100_5505.jpg

ready for the oven
100_5506.jpg

starting the clams
100_5508.jpg

100_5512.jpg

Dinner is served~
100_5516.jpg

100_5517.jpg

dip som crab into the chile butter and pile it on the crostini with a few clams...
100_5518.jpg

CHEERS, EVERYONE!
100_5521.jpg

Keith Floyd-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPM5eUNTuC0
check out Floyd on Food, Floyd on Fish, Floyd on Africa, Floyd on Italy, and many other shows. ENJOY!

just one more good one-
:D

Back