food The Drunken Chef

Friggin sweet spread, HSL!! :woohoo:

You know I'm a sucker for seafood!!!

Don't I know it, Pauly! :lol: We were up to our elbows cracking the crab, dipping in the butter, shucking the clams and chowing it all down on the toasted bagette. What a mess! But MAN, was it good!

Has anyone ever heard of Keith Floyd?

CHEERS, EVERYONE!
100_5521.jpg

Who's that good lookin' sumb!+ch in the background...

Homemade pickled cukes and tomatoes, and the spicy pickles are called 20 Pepper Pickles. Slammin' on the sammy give it a whirl.

My friend Chip Welsh of Red Lion Spicy Foods makes them. Really good.

I see you all have been ripping it up in my absence. Nice job. I'll try to get something good on here soon. I did a lot of cooking/bbqing over the holiday weekend, but alas no piccys.

Wow SL!!
Inspirational!!
Is that a lovely mountainous view out your window?
That looks like the best place to drink wine!!!

I need to spend an entire day going through this thread and
making notes on favorite recipes...

SumOfMyBits - those sliders look great! And thanks for the
reminder of tater tots. I've neglected them for far too long.

salsalady - I love both the BBC and good cooking shows. I
will definitely be looking for some Keith Floyd stuff to get.

We had spaghetti last night. I was too unsober to remember
to take more than these few shots.

I heated about a quarter-cup of extra virgin olive oil ( does
anyone besides Rachael Ray call it 'EVOO'? ) and added some
diced red jalapenos, habaneros, serranos and garlic.

sp1.jpg

This was then tossed with a box of spaghetti noodles along
with some fresh chopped parsley.

I then sauteed a whole chopped onion with two tablespoons
or so of minced garlic for about five minutes. I added a
seven fluid ounce jar of sun-dried tomatoes ( drained ) and
eight halved roma tomatoes and allowed to simmer for ten
minutes. During this time some cayenne pepper, paprika, red
pepper flakes and Ring Of Fire Hot Sauce was added. Then it
was time for one cup of vegetable broth and half a cup of
dry white wine.

sp2.jpg

This simmered for 15 minutes and then was poured into a
blender with a quarter cup of chopped fresh basil and
blended into this consistency.

sp3.jpg

'Twas my first time making spaghetti sauce from scratch and
dang was it ever good. I'll never use Ragu again unless I'm
just running short on time or simply do not have the required
ingredients.

I'm almost out of homemade burger seasoning...so I thought I'd whip some up. Cayenne, Scotch Bonnets, Crushed Red (which is cayenne IIRC), Chile de Arbol, and Bhut Jolokia...and all the other stuff.

Tried some on a chicken wing...holy shat is this some hot stuff!

ghostseasoningingredients.jpg

ghostseasoning1.jpg

I think next year we need to have a I'll challenge you for a bottle of your sauce/rub/salsa vs. mine for a throwdown prize.

THP, have you had his salsa yet? It's serrano based and its awesome.

After waking up in a fog...I decided bratwurst, eggs, cheese, and chile pequins would start the day off right...even sprinkled a little of my new seasoning on it. (I had to add more chile-lime, and cayenne to it) Topped that off with a friend's serrano salsa:

dcbreakfast.jpg

Lunch pics didn't save...it was my house special "piernas del fuego"...chicken legs marinated in a 50/50 mix of Louisiana Hot Wing sauce, and a ghost chile sauce called Bella Diavolo (this stuff is excellent). I then recreate the mix, and dip the chicken in it.

Dinner...I decided to make stuffed burgers, to warm up for my TD challenge with Texas Blues. The finished pics didn't save either (damned camera)...but the burgers were tasty. Not nearly as hot as I was expecting...maybe the chiles cooked inside the burger tke the flame out...I dunno, but they were weak.

dcburgeringredients.jpg

THis stuff smelled good enough to eat straight out of the choppa:

dcburgerstuffin.jpg

Nope....but I'm assuming he's a bit like Graham Kerr? (I loved his show!!)

I think he's a little like Graham Kerr but I think Floyd's more real. In more recent years he called Gordon Ramsey a (I dunno if I can type it as it is said often on Brittish telli, but not so much in the US) a wan-k....AHHHH! That was the word!

Who's that good lookin' sumb!+ch in the background...

It's all you baby!

SWEEEEEET, SL! You shouldn't be surprised to have unannounced visitors at your place in the very near future. ;)

Unannounced guests are always welcome, as long as they give me 2 weeks notice! :lol:

Wow SL!! Inspirational!!Is that a lovely mountainous view out your window? That looks like the best place to drink wine!!!
The front porch is WONDERFUL! Here's another peak-
pepsoncloth008-1.jpg

before and after of a cherry tree pruning-
growstuff010.jpg

growstuff012.jpg

gray skies with a hummingbird-
oceantripandhummersinapril011.jpg

Incredible foods going on here! :woohoo:

DDave! Who you gonna challenge?!?!??? Come on, .....you can do it!!!!

SL, :drooling: Fab-u-lous!

Thanks McHottie....and Who YOU gonna challenge in the epic TD challence?????? You got the hotness and the goodness,,, bring it on ~~~~~(but not to ME! :lol: Just kidding!) I still have the mango challenge thats open~

Thats exactly why I could never challenge SL

But you, mi amigo, have already stepped into the fray! Good On Ya!!! Looking forward to seeing your creation! Best of luck, Mate!

Green pequins? Red is where its at baby. That burger looks pretty lean.

LOL...I like the red and orange ones the best, butI have to buy them...so I take what I can get. The meat is lean...like you. The brat-is-fat...like me. See? It's ZEN.

I found the pics of the fixin's, and finished product. My camera is posessed by mythilogical antagonists from bronze age antiquity.

I forgot to mention I sliced some baby-bellas and blanketed them with pepper-jack.

dcburgerfixins.jpg

Finished...

dcburgers.jpg

TB...this is the best I got...so don't worry too hard about bringing your A-game for the TD. You should beat me easily...so no need to put it all out there. I'm a lousy cook anyway.:hell:

TB...this is the best I got...so don't worry too hard about bringing your A-game for the TD. You should beat me easily...so no need to put it all out there. I'm a lousy cook anyway.:hell:

pssstt, TB, I don't believe him but I wouldn't put this in a proper post which is why I put it in a PM directly to you.

Uh OH!!!! Did I mess up a PM AGAIN?!?!???

Back