• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food The Drunken Chef

Meh - he's probably not going to post anything before later tomorrow or Sunday, as the Bowers festival is on today and tomorrow. Assuming he went/goes, that is.

But hey! I'll second that ....... WHERE'S THE STUFF?????

Ah Hem, from the West Side of the Country...so what exactly is the Bowers Festival???? Sounds mystical??!! Ok, so edu-ma-cate me, k? If that's where he is....Good on ya Mate! It's all about the FUN!!! But....still waitin' for sum Mole' BTW - Scovie found the video cam... uh oh! you've been warned...... ;)

50 minutes later...

Please play! and enjoy! photobucket video....
here's me all Jaba the HUT'd UP! (both of'em_)

Here's to HOT PEPPERS!!!

(not fresh ground black pepper... ((Different website))

XoXoXoXo All!
footnotes to follow!

Ok ok, sorry I have kept you waiting. Somehow, I ended up deleting a bunch of pics that I thought I had copied to my computer. I only have one pic of the mole pork. The rest are the steak chimichangas and the chicken enchiladas.

100_9634.jpg

100_9635.jpg

100_9636.jpg

100_9637.jpg

Those have the salsa verde.

100_9644.jpg

100_9645.jpg

100_9646.jpg

100_9647.jpg

100_9653.jpg

100_9654.jpg

Since this isn't really a throwdown entry, I won't bore you with all the details, but the steak was marinated in pineapple juice, lime juice, orange juice, cilantro, garlic, fatalii, green onion, sea salt, and my steak rub. TB, you know what this tastes like. :cool: The filling for the enchiladas is Mexican rice, black beans, tomatoes, jalapenos, fatalii, and monterey jack cheese. They are topped with black olives, sour cream, Hatch red chile powder, and sriracha.

Oops forgot the margarita. Had lots of these...

100_9515.jpg

Sorry there weren't more pics of the mole. It turned out really good. And pretty. Hate to say it but the enchis were better though.

Oh and one more thing, here is the other salsa I made for the t-down.

100_9618.jpg

100_9621.jpg

I would have had all this posted sooner, but I have been dealing with this flood thing here. Queso still yet to come this weekend.

SD, put a shirt on! :lol:

105dg @14% humidity . GOT ANY SUPERHOTS"
I know.... put a shirt on....

We still got October, November, December, JANUARY, FEBRUARY, march......

I NEED FRESH FATALIIS!!!! NOW!!!! Who wants me to keep my clothes on???? CJ just figured out the camera..... uh, oh.

LOL SD!!!!!

You a farmer?

What is it about fatalis that make people fidget as if they just did a bump of coke off a strippers ass?

Seriously JT?!?!?! All that gorgeousness....amid flooding???? You are a culinary god!!!!! What did you do to the chicken for the 'lada? Beautiful mole'! But those 'ladas really got me! If I don't get me an enchilada this weekend, I'm gonna get really grumpy!!!!! :) better go get busy! i'm the polar opposite of the "30 minute chef"! haha

Ok, Jt that looks fantastic! (CJ pointing at your pic's: "I WANT THAT!") I'm hoping to at least get some breakfast before enchiladas!
Mole pork? wow! never thought of that, I bet that was rockin' good!

LMAO! I can't confirm being a hitman (I'd half to kill you), Just a fat tile setter, that has a Fatali addiction.... (fidget, fidget, jitter, shake).
I remember whiskey, grilling some chicken thighs, showing Christi how to start and stop the camera, some hot pepers, DEFCON def. level 1 to cool my mouth, rainbows and unicorns,
then ended up in my driveway trying to kill a fence post with my .22 (it's still there with no holes in it).
Man that was fun!

ended up in my driveway trying to kill a fence post with my .22 (it's still there with no holes in it).

Scovie you crack me up. And we know you're a hitman, no need to confirm or deny :P

JayT, that looks amazing, too bad you didnt get it in by the TD deadline, you woulda had a good shot at the crown.

Opened the first of the Hard Cider that was in the secondary till a week ago. Here's a shot of the cider, a nice dry cider.

d1ac121c.jpg

But hey, it's dinner time and I'm feeling like some Italian fast food and that means Sausage, peppers and onions which I'm serving over pasta. Sorry, I didn't get an ingredient shot but the main players are:

Bulk Italian Sausage, green and red bell peppers, Vidella sweet onions, garlic, thyme and rosemary. Pasta tonight is linguini and it's served with fresh sourdough bread.

So, boil water and add pasta:

29316202.jpg

Sauté peppers and onions in olive oil with garlic rosemary and thyme.

4d651990.jpg

Add bouillon, dry white wine and some corn starch to thicken.

Fresh Sourdough bread right out of the oven:

45ee1f16.jpg

Time to eat:

10401494.jpg

Damn that was good. Added some Haba-Peno sauce for a little heat. Now game time. Tonight it's Mansions of Madness.

Cheers,
RM

Edit: geeme no black pepper was injured during the preparation of this meal. :cool:

Back