1a9e5b49.jpg

57a2faa1.jpg

and just in case you're hungry~~~
3bb5cbc6.jpg

to be continued~~~

Caribbean Peanut Chicken

Tried this new recipe from a book.
caribbeanpeanutchicken004.jpg

Put the chicken to marinate in a vacuum container with some oil, curry powder, garlic, thyme and lemon juice.
caribbeanpeanutchicken005.jpg

Wait a little while then fry up the chicken.
caribbeanpeanutchicken006.jpg

Then fry some onion, chilli and tomato. Mix with chicken stock and peanut butter, lemon juice and cooked rice. I added some naga jolokia flakes not in the recipe. Put the chicken back in and then in the oven for twenty minutes.
caribbeanpeanutchicken007.jpg

Squeeze fresh lime juice and eat,. Very tasty
caribbeanpeanutchicken008.jpg

Beautiful Megamoo. SL you have left me hanging. And hungry.

Edit: oh wait, I just went back and saw what I missed last night. DAAAAYYUUMMM you kids were sure up to something! Wow. :clap:

THe marinade was for brisket, but I used 2 arm roasts instead. If it doesn't turn out it's Chile Juju's fault, she's the one who told me the arm is close to the brisket. (just kidding, sweetie~~ ;) )

Put the roasts and marinade in a roasting bag overnight. The mugs are to keep the bag scrunched up so the marinade stays on top of the meat. Sorry to keep you hanging, JayT, but the finished product won't be done for another 4 hours.
4a66800c.jpg

1f32aa35.jpg

FloPo Simultaneous Awesomeness!!!

Stand by, drunkards...

Me and Rocketman got some crazy stuff going on.
RM is a florida good-ole-boy, not from south florida though, worthy of a new faction of SoFlo. He is a member of the FloPo, fo sho!

Italian Beef. Arguably the perfect football food.

You may have had this before, you might have a recipe for it, but here is what we are doing (RM's version is slightly different)

Step 1: Drink a bunch of beer.

Step 2: Follow this recipe on gameday morning.

Italian Beef:

Beef Roast (eye of round, etc..., lean). Remove all visible fat.
1 Large jar (12 oz or so) pepperocini peppers
2 C water
3 beef boullion cubes
3 green peppers
1 lb hot italian sausages (in casing)
1 lb sweet italian sausages (in casing)

Bake the sausages at 350 for 30-45 minutes. Slice.
Throw everything together in a stock pot or crock pot and cook for 6 to 10 hours until you're drunk.
Serve on crusty bread.

Here's where I'm at. It's been in since this morning.
Making homemade sourdough rolls and drinking lots of beer.
The Gators are playing now, so I gosta run!!!
Absolutely PERFECT football food!!

The pic has a glass of my homebrew, a steam beer like Anchor Steam (I already enjoyed the Busch Light).

IMGP2166.jpg

IMGP2165.jpg

Damn, dude. That stuff looks so good. Making me wish Atlanta was in So Flo!

Yummers, Megamoo. I guess it's a good thing there's so much water between here and there, or you'd have a whole other country pounding at your door to eat dinner with you!

SL - Can't wait!

microwaved tater tots and hot dogs, topped with cheese and shredded wings, washed down with a boatload of tequila and beer

I like the way this thread is heading

Okay, boys and girls! This may seem like a gratuitous double-post, as the picture hasn't changed - but it's not!

Made the tortilla soup again tonight, but this time picked up cilantro this morning, so included that, AND......

wait for it......

BOOM!

Added a can of pumpkin puree. That both added thickness to the broth and was a good flavor mixer. I see I left lime out of the first list of ingredients, but yes, had that both times, too. Although I pretty much used the same seasonings, kicked those up a notch, too - about doubled the quantity as last time. Good golly - this was GOOOOOOD!

soup.jpg

A more complete list of ingedients for this second go-round:
Chicken Stock, pumpkin puree, garlic, chile powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne, oregano, thyme, allspice, corn, black beans, roasted chicken, zucchini, avocado, tomatoe, bell pepper, trinidad perfume, jalapeno, aji habanero, 4-cheese mex mix, corn tortillas, onion, lime, cilantro.

It's hard to enjoy just how awesome that probably is when it's 90 degrees outside with 105% humidity.

That being said, it looks like a masterfully crafted soup. A meal in a bowl!! Well played, G, Well played!!!

It's hard to enjoy just how awesome that probably is when it's 90 degrees outside with 105% humidity.
Agreed! So write it down (I KNOW you won't want to dig through this thread by the time it's cold outside there), and save it to fix another day. It's in the 50F's at night here already, so soup is definitely on our minds.

tonight

dont have cooking pics, i broke my foot today and am in some serious pain, and it was hard enough to get to the fu*$&(! kitchen to make this shit let alone try to take pics

tater tots
red savina powder
sharp yellow cheddar
ranch dressing
ketchup
blackened seasoning
smoked paprika

throw however many tater tots you can fit onto a plate, microwave for 3 minutes

toss on cheese, seasonings

microwave until cheese is melted

throw on ketchup and ranch dressing

devour

2011-09-18_23-51-41_929.jpg

Sorry about your foot, wheebz. And maybe I'm just hungry tonight (having only Original Juan's Hot Popcorn and a few Sriracha peas), but your train wreck tots look appealing.

tonight

dont have cooking pics, i broke my foot today and am in some serious pain, and it was hard enough to get to the fu*$&(! kitchen to make this shit let alone try to take pics

Ouch - sorry to hear about your foot!

Food looks yummy. Now try throwing some of that on a bowl of chili...... double-yum.

Ahoy wheebz, yeer supposed to duck when the boom swings not do a hand stand, but we be feelin for ye pains. As it's Official Talk Like a Pirate day get a little Cap'n in ye with a pinch of Cannon powder and ye'll be fine as plundered silk and the grub be soundin good ya scurvey dog!

Arrrrg,
RM

Back