food The Drunken Chef

I've never had a problem with that so long as I kept to a 1:3 ratio. For the Enchalada sauce I used 1/3 cup flour to 1 cup water. You can always avoid the taste problem by toasting the flour for a bit prior to using it. Just dont burn it.

RM

I've never had a problem with that so long as I kept to a 1:3 ratio. For the Enchalada sauce I used 1/3 cup flour to 1 cup water. You can always avoid the taste problem by toasting the flour for a bit prior to using it. Just dont burn it.

RM

Edit Darn double posting IPhone App!

RM

right on

good call toasting the flour...I'm going to try that instead of making a roux

New toy= PLAYING WITH YOUR FOOD!

dfd5034c.jpg

Friday night, 2 racks of ribs- started cooking them at 6:00pm, dinner at midnight :crazy:

454d5325.jpg

c5fab185.jpg

Today-BUTTS!
2 pork shoulders
light rub with mustard, massage in a dry rub (chipotle, paprika, garlic, onion, salt, little sugar, black pepper[sorry, geeme]) slap it in the smoker at 225F with cherry wood chips for 8 hours or so-
3c580b18.jpg

6ebf0a2e.jpg

30a33fc7.jpg

d2ac8661.jpg

4c48a5a5.jpg

717c55c7.jpg

fb3d2e28.jpg

Yes... definitely leftovers...
How many times you think you're gonna use that bottle?

More awesomeness from Texas creek kitchens!

I have some goings on here this weekend. First of all some box wine.

102_9752.jpg

Next made a couple of steaks with some jerk shrimp

102_9747.jpg

102_9748.jpg

And finally, I have some AjiJoe's Aji sauce marinated and now braised with beer country style ribs in the slow cooker.

102_9750.jpg

More pics to come. And more wine to drink.

+1 i love it my tummy is roaring like a african lion them ribs look wonderful!1

let me know what you thought of the sauce

thanks your friend joe

Mmmmmm eating Aji ribs for breakfast. The heat is infused all through the ribs. It is not overbearing. Very nice. Here's another pic.

102_9750.jpg

102_9753.jpg

JT - ribs for breakfast AND a snow storm??? You, my friend, are off to a great day!!!! We have an eye on the Weather Channel, where your neck of the woods is all the rage today! Stay safe, and I hope you keep power! :)

Ain't no snowstorm gonna slow me down. Here's a pic of the ribs, and the snowstorm.

100_9755.jpg

100_9757.jpg

Chicken, Habanero, and Monterey Jack Quesadillas on tap.

Back