food The Drunken Chef

That was the first time I have ever made it entirely with homemade chili powder. I often use some, but also add some of the commercial stuff. What a difference in the color, taste, and aroma!

Feeling some Italian food tonight. Maccheroni Calabresi w/ a homemade chicken, wine, mushroom and tomato sauce.

100_0160-1.jpg

100_0156-1.jpg

100_0158-2.jpg

100_0157-2.jpg

100_0165.jpg

Cooking up some BBQ ribs in the WFO this morning for Australia Day. First time ive tried something other than pizza, will posts pics later

I'll write out a recipe for you one of these days SD.

You'll need a change of underwear while consuming... things will get wet! It's that good.

After a massive Australia Day celebration and friends housewarming here are the pics. BBQ ribs done in the wood fired oven. Turned out pretty good. Definitely try them again in it, they just fell apart.

Just before they went in
SDC11024.jpg

After 3 hours of cooking
SDC11025.jpg

SDC11026.jpg

Covered in the sauce from the tray. Delicous
SDC11027.jpg

Heres my latest effort at the Drunken Chef.
Spicy Chicken Wings, using my very first home grown Trinidad Scorpion.

IMG_1265.jpg

Ingredients:

2kg Chicken Wings
Fresh Chills to your taste, chopped. (Recipe says 2-3 but thats weak)
5 Tbl Sp Tomatoe Paste
2 Tbl Sp Light Soy Sauce
5 Tbl Sp Vegetable Oil
2 Tbl Sp Vinegar
1 inch piece fresh Ginger, chopped
3 cloves of Garlic, chopped

Mix all ingredients together and add to chicken
cover and refrigerate overnight.

Heat oven to 220c / 425f spread in roasting dish and cook 20 min or until cooked basting once or twice.

IMG_1268.jpg

Marinade

IMG_1271.jpg

All mixed up.

IMG_1275.jpg

Before.

IMG_1278.jpg

After application of heat.

IMG_1280-1.jpg

Time to EAT!!

Cheers. Kevvy.

Booma and Kevvy- GREAT job getting all the required ingredients in your posts (......read.......) [al-keee-hawl] :lol: and posting some nom-licious grub! Aussie's have been buzy!

JayT- CONGRATS! Sorry I didn't see this earlier. been a little busy ;) . Might some of the chiles in the chile powder been from WASHINGTON STATE?

Back