food The Drunken Chef

Steak done.....had to charge the phone......long night...beer gone....wine gone.....coffee? I need some of RocketMan's wings.....
SteakDone.jpg

aw man. I hate to boooo a fellow Texan. The plate looks killer but alas, even your avatar cannot save you because there is no booze to be found anywhere in the food pic.

Therefore it is with great sadness and deep regret that I do this.....

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

EXCELLENT, Chewi...for the steak and the fix!

:rofl:

So tomorrow night is the Annual Chili cookoff and I have been asked to prepare a chili that is hot enough to require a waiver be signed for a taste. So here is the basic chili that I made and will be pulling some off for those, my wife and daughter, who can't handle the heat.

b577e922.jpg

Now for the rest I have fresh Habaneros, Jalapanos, Serranos and powdered Fatalli and a blended powder made of Trinidad Scorpion Yellow and Red along with Bhut Jolokia. I'm going to use all of the fresh peppers, a teaspoon of the Fatalli and a tablespoon of the blend to start with and then I'll adjust up from there. I want it hot but I want there to be taste too.

7e3afdd3.jpg

Now, what should I call it?

First..Sic, that looks AWESOME!! What are the little fried nuggets alongside the chicken? They look amazing!

RM, you are a work of art. That chili represents all that is great about this site.
Name it Rocket Man #7
(It'll have everyone guessing what 1-6 were like!).

And threaten them with #8!

I would add a lot of dried hots to the chili as I found that the fresh dont keep the heat. .02

Looks like a great chili - I could go for some of that today we are expecting 10" snow between today and tomorrow and then get to the 50's on Saturday (say what?)

so, just wondering......spaghetti.........any of you find a powder to spice the sauce up? It may or may not be normal, but I'd be willing to try it if it has been attempted and successfully ingested. It goes over grilled chicken breasts and squash.

sauce.jpg

I've been trying to catch up on this thread and noticed I have the same mixer as RocketMan.
sauceblender.jpg

Serious on the powder for the sauce. Any thoughts?

Skirt Steak and Peños on the grill tonight. Pics to follow.

starting prep for dinner. I'm calling this one

Geeme's Nightmare!
4364b150.jpg

a9b34874.jpg

Chewi - I love a little Fatalli powder in my spaghetti sauce. The citrus flavor of the pepper goes great with the tomato and the heat of the Fatalli is perfect.

(null)

Back