• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food The Drunken Chef

DPSE editing- this post was supposed to be in the Memorial Day Grub thread:cool:

Shrimp Piccata (not the usual weekend grub....but it worked~~~)

(edit to remove double post to the next post down No harm in leaving the Money Shot though~~~)

IMG_2701.JPG

Been out of the DC thread for a while, and this thread needs a bump so Here We Go!

Piccata Prawns!!!

IMG_2695.JPG

IMG_2696.JPG

sauté the veg, chile and garlic, add cream, splash of white wine, tablespoon of capers with some brine, squeeze of 1/2 fresh lemon, cook it down a bit, add cooked fettuccine, then cleaned/peeled prawns....cook it down a bit and toss in some parmesan.

IMG_2697.JPG

IMG_2700.JPG

veggies-
IMG_2699.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

IMG_2702.JPG

Almost Party Foul!  But Not---Here's Da Booze!
IMG_2704.JPG

These plates are the first 2, the rest of the ingredients were for the 'Kid and Bryce later~~~ :cool:

What the ????  must of had one too many re-wines!  :drunk:

Well, at least I found the missing post that was supposed to be in the Memorial Day Grub thread!!!!

:rofl: 

(Time to edit...)  Hey!  I just did a DIPSEY!  (DPSE) 

thanks, geeme.  double the calories and carbs, also!  Aw, well, couple extra units of insulin and it was good to go~

The 2 teenagers scarfed it down, I was glad to have the opportunity to cook and serve something other than pizza to the guys, trying to expand their culinary experiences.  Bryce came to the NWChilefest 2 years ago in Seattle and is a bit of a chilehead.  When I asked the guys if they wanted chicken piccata or shrimp piccata, they wanted shrimp.  Happy to oblige! 

salsalady said:
Been out of the DC thread for a while, and this thread needs a bump so Here We Go!

Piccata Prawns!!!

attachicon.gif
IMG_2695.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_2696.JPG

sauté the veg, chile and garlic, add cream, splash of white wine, tablespoon of capers with some brine, squeeze of 1/2 fresh lemon, cook it down a bit, add cooked fettuccine, then cleaned/peeled prawns....cook it down a bit and toss in some parmesan.

attachicon.gif
IMG_2697.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_2700.JPG

veggies-
attachicon.gif
IMG_2699.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_2701.JPG

attachicon.gif
IMG_2702.JPG

Almost Party Foul!  But Not---Here's Da Booze!
attachicon.gif
IMG_2704.JPG  

These plates are the first 2, the rest of the ingredients were for the 'Kid and Bryce later~~~ :cool:

That is making me feel so hungry right now. Shame I've cut out carbs from my diet... Lost 20 pounds, but damn, I could use some of this :)

Back