food The Drunken Chef

I want the 22" WSM. There is a thread around here somewhere about it. I believe the consensus was the 22" but its really about how often or what you will smoking. Also... the cost at my HD it is 400$

grantmichaels said:
Cleaned all of the critters and webs and made space in the car port for smoking. I think I'll do some smoking this year ... since I have never smoked beyond using Cameron's ...

Anyone have the 18+" or 22+" Weber charcoal smoker (and like it)? ... Amazon shoppers seem to like theirs, and I <3 my 21-22" Kettle for BBQ ...

Just curious ... any opinions welcome ... propane, charcoal, electric seem to be the more common types ... well, at least, in the low-to-middle price space ...

I think FD rec'd a Masterbuilt or something a while back, too ...

Any concepts or keywords I should look into while deciding? ...

Any guidance from people who have practical experience with them is greatly appreciated =)
My "beginner model" is propane and it is very easy to regulate. 9 hours at 225°, no problem. It also has a water tray above the burner/wood tray for adding water, fruit juice or beer to keep the moisture in there and sticky smoke. Also, it has two doors, one for the food compartment and one for the woodchip/waterbath. So the food compartment doesn't cool off too much while adding chips/liquid.
It is a 'Masterbuilt PRO' and & I paid $200 at Home Depot.

Also, www.amazingribs.com has everything you need to know about outdoor cooking, product uses, styles and reviews, recipes, etc etc etc.

http://amazingribs.com

View attachment 14782

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413174672.497618.jpg

Awesome macgyver grill idea but heating the galvanized steel in the computer case isn't something I would recommend  cooking over.

Awesome macgyver grill idea but heating the galvanized steel in the computer case isn't something I would recommend  cooking over.

yeah, totally ... it was the beginning of a joke, but then i got distracted by Person of Interest ... oops.

I ended up ordering a smokenator & hovergrill & guru party q & maverick for my foray ... i was going to pick up a smoker, but D was more excited about the pizza and tandoor-esque potential of a kamado-type, despite the cost, so now i'm probably going to pick-up a $300 chargriller akorn and check out an into grill in that category as well.

the lol is how much less expensive a box smoker would have been, but anyone who knows me ...

HigherThisHeat said:
Where da booze at?

Anyway, I can smell that deliciousness from here. I had to Google what that dish was. Sounds and looks soooooooooooooooooooooooo good

haha ... I take it all, 3 litros of beer were !!!!

That looks incredible CH! I am going to have to give that a try soon... i have never heard of that dish before..... looks very tasty.....

"Bolivan Town" i assume is something akin to a "Little Bolivia" sort of area, with markets and shops?.... lmao that sounds awesome!.... i wish we had a place like that!!

That's right! Bolivian began some small shops selling spices, a little over 10 years ago. 
Now it is a neighborhood, at least 6 streets, where it gets everything imaginable from Bolivia, Peru and Brazil also saw that I had. 
But mostly Bolivians abound items to apparel and shoes they wear them. Their culture is very different from ours. 

Too bad I have not taken pics to show it. I felt transported to Bolivia in Buenos Aires.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413676539.172603.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413676555.710273.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413676578.973944.jpg

the alcohol and caffeine combo is providing (faux?) fortitude ...
more drinking than cooking so far ... need to marinade some london broil for tomorrow, can't decide if i want tacos or pork tenderloin tonight ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413679048.604266.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413679060.219406.jpg

garbage ... so much history, though ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413679092.639531.jpg

was going to tap the kettle tonight, but i have to charge the lion for the drill, L
OL ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413679166.490780.jpg

hey THP - last time i made marinade for london broil you said i ceviche'd it, but i think that was the kimche or lime or italian dressing component, right? not the soy or small amount of OJ or sherry ... right? ...

the internets say you can't share parts w/ 22.5" OTG and WSM Weber's, so I think I'll pick up a second OTG ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413692097.193466.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413692112.558614.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413692121.762136.jpg

but ... the interesting part of my DC tonight, will be whatever path through some of this these two london broil take ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413692195.495389.jpg

going to throw a pair of those and a pair of small teriyaki pork tenderloin on the grill tomorrow, after making pizza on it, using FD's (shared) method ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413692305.438229.jpg

now, chocolate covered pretzels.

GM, I am sure the boss was referring to the lime and OJ when he said ceviche'd it.  The acids in the juices start to break down/cook the meat.  It works well with shellfish, but as a marinade, you don't want it in there for too long on beef because it will make the meat mushy.

Back