food The Drunken Chef

Totally ... I drained the OJ and dressing at 90 mins and pushed the Saran down to remove the air ...

I just checked and it should be interesting ... smells great, each of them, but especially the tandoori style one ...

pics to the steak thread once cooked, in a bit ...

PS - the part where i opened the naga powder zip-loc with my teeth (and consequently lips) because i had blood on my hand was special late last night =(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413770553.737881.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413770566.505466.jpg

teriyaki tenderloin (beef) ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413770691.174739.jpg

the least exciting thing was still quite tasty ... considering that i thought i'd bought pork.

should still work with the shredded scallions in the salad i'm planning to eat it in ...

anyways, having a latte and sifting through pics to wrap up the steak thread post so i can change gears back to work ...

Just another evening drinking like a fish. Hot today aswell, labouring in the sweaty kitchen I earned my booze :D Tomorrow... even hotter, must increase booze consuptionm to compensate.

Fried up some lamb and chips. Reversed seared lamb on the indoor grill plate and deep fried fries. Store bought, but turned out better than any fast food fries ;)

lamb1_zps099e8607.jpg

lamb2_zps1210b9a0.jpg

And some quality programming to enjoy it with....
dickhouse_zpsc9e52234.jpg

Scoville DeVille said:
My "beginner model" is propane and it is very easy to regulate. 9 hours at 225°, no problem. It also has a water tray above the burner/wood tray for adding water, fruit juice or beer to keep the moisture in there and sticky smoke. Also, it has two doors, one for the food compartment and one for the woodchip/waterbath. So the food compartment doesn't cool off too much while adding chips/liquid.
It is a 'Masterbuilt PRO' and & I paid $200 at Home Depot.

Also, www.amazingribs.com has everything you need to know about outdoor cooking, product uses, styles and reviews, recipes, etc etc etc.

http://amazingribs.com

attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Now that I've done it the hard way, I can fully appreciate this.

Danielle didn't like the idea of the cabinet style devices, and felt it would attract nighttime visitors (we have constant armadillo, geckos, racoons, rats, opossum, spiders etc at night in the carport) ...

Doing it w/ charcoal was a total PITA ... at least, for a brisket (even a small one) ...

I'll guarantee that I eventually having a cabinet-style smoker, or pellet type or whatever ...

Quite an experience, I'm a little bit exhausted, LOL ...

Good afternoon, everyone! I thought I'd share today's creation......

Lamb Biryani!!!!

I got hooked on this while I was in Afghanistan due to an Indian-run DFAC (dining facility) and I've been chasing that exact recipe ever since!

So......here is a few teaser/prep photos to get things going:

(I shall change to a better camera in the next series of photos)

The players:

Found the orange Keystone!  :party:

Garlic/Ginger paste (homemade):

Frying the onions:

TBC.......

Sweet!

I find biryanis to be a little dry since I like saucy stuff, can't wait to see what you do here!

LAMB!!!!! Getting it ready for marinade:

IMG_7929_zps1c714c9b.jpg
[/URL]

NEXT chapter will feature a drunker Paul....and a more focused camera! ;)

The Hot Pepper said:
Sweet!

I find biryanis to be a little dry since I like saucy stuff, can't wait to see what you do here!

Yes....they are a bit dry. But the fragrant spices and the flavor truly won me over!

(Just a side note.......I bought $160 of grain-fed lamb today!! My freezer runneth over! :party: )

SumOfMyBits said:
Oh hells yeah! It's P2K in the mix.
exactly what I was going to say.
Exactly
ExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactlyExactly

Lol,not sure how it did that,but cool. I love lamb by the way.

P2K GET YOUR ASS over to the seafood TD... tomorrow I guess!

This one was made for you!

The Hot Pepper said:
P2K GET YOUR ASS over to the seafood TD... tomorrow I guess!

This one was made for you!

Thanks, Gents!!!

I thought hard about it....but this biryani was calling my name!

For the record, I'd have made: Lobster Rolls and Lobster Bisque........although Crab Cake Sammies and She Crab Soup sounds damned fine too!

:drooling:
Ghee and spices doing their thing in a hot tub....

Marinated lamb and ghee on to get happy!

Add some yogurt.....

Cook for 40 minutes.....and.....OH yesssss....

WERD...... :cool:

See... that's already saucier than I am used to. I've gotten it before and it's like fried rice. This is starting to look delicious! 

Glad to see this. PK, you were posting frito pies from the hotel room before deploying last time *I* was around. And that it's Indian - awesome!

Style points for doing DC around TD's too ... I'm quite familiar w/ that stylee ...

The Hot Pepper said:
See... that's already saucier than I am used to. I've gotten it before and it's like fried rice. This is starting to look delicious! 

It's not going to be terribly saucy......but it'll be quite moist!  (there's a signature in there somewhere! ;) )

On we go!

Lamb ready....

Basmati (60% done) ready....

All the final prep ready to go:

Gonna heap it all together and bake it in the oven for 25 minutes at 350........

We shall see!!!

Back