• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

The Drunken Chef

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch of Las Vegas. I had picked up some beautiful chix I wanted to deep fry but soon discovered I didn't have enough oil. Why not just drive down to the local grub store and buy it you ask? BECAUSE I WAS PISS DRUNK!! Alrighty then. I grab the bottle of Hornitos tequila and ready myself to begin the destruction. I fire up the cast iron dutch oven and just start throwing stuff in. Olive oil. Garilc. Julieanned shallot. Chix thighs. Gets a little blurry here but I somehow managed to debone the thighs without chopping off my leg but then all good cooks should be able to pull that off. The vast majority of experienced kitchen rats and riffraff cook much better after a bottle of wine or three. Those of you reading this keep that little kitchen tip in mind, especially when family from out of town is around. If the wife is chewing your ass the next day for your drunken lewd and lascivious behavior in the kitchen the previous night, then you know you must have made a helluva meal and did it right.

Continuing on, I soon missplaced my shot glass and decided to dispensed with it all together. Why should tequila have to go through a middleman anyway. Liquors quicker straight from the bottle. I discovered I had a stash of dried pequins from last season and bada bing bada boom in they went. Same with some forlorn looking button mushrooms. Whirring and stirring with a spoon in one hand and the bottle of firewater in the other, why not deglaze the pan with tequila? Excellent idea! Might as well get rid of the rest of the hab salsa I made the other day. In that goes, adios baby! Add some seasalt and cracked black pepper. Whir and stir. Taste. It tastes like burning. Nice.

Somehow during this culinary rampage I managed to take a few pics.

The beginning of the end...

0230.jpg

I think this was chicken..

0228.jpg

Stewing in its own juices, just like me..

0231.jpg

I can't be sure but I think I ate it with tortilla's but who can say. This morning as I looked at the devastation in the Blues Kitchen I reckoned that were I to detonate a hundred pounds of C4
in the middle of it I would only cause about $21.47 worth of damage. Mrs. Blues was not amused but and well acquainted with my late night shenanigans. Ahhh marital bliss.

Now that I have started this thread, I call on all you THP drunks, sots, and gin blossomed heathens to keep it going. Pics are mandatory and it goes without saying that rule number one is...YOU MUST BE DRUNK WHEN COOKING!!

So get the divorce papers ready, get your favorite bottle of liquid stupid and get cookin' ya'll!

Cheers, TB.

tctenten said:
Will PM later Grant. Very basic and good recipe.

no rush, don't kill yourself ... i'm sure i can afford to feed it for another few months, lol ...

i was planning to fire up the kettlepizza rig and take a stab at pizza again soon, regardless ...

here's what i didn't post last night ... i'd had enough to drink that i wasn't positive it was appropriate ...

52607219.jpg

drunken burger a la booma

i'm drunk this is all you get. same old story yadda yadda yaddah. I groind the meat 1-1-1 shortrib,brisket,sirloin,shallot,garlic. made the bun, sourdough,beer,herbs de provence,garlic powder,onion powder,devils dust. aged cheddar and bluecheese juicey luiceys. coulndt decide on blue or cheddar went with both. 10 slice bacon from the neighbor, grilled avocado. nipple pinche# waffle luvr4life
20150414_182457_zpse8wb8cvy.jpg

20150414_182520_zpsc3ylaakt.jpg

DAM

No not DAMN... DAM!!!

Like that would DAM a river!!!! I deem this burger The Beaver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice beaver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

salsalady said:
RULE #1-

NO PICS,  NEVER HAPPENED!!!!

Better get good at that Photo Uploading stuff!!!  :DBorscht in the slipper is totally a DC (drunken chef) worthy picture!
Got home and couldn't figure out why my slipper was on the table. Now I remember. AND the beet that was inside:

FreeportBum said:

i'm drunk this is all you get. same old story yadda yadda yaddah. I groind the meat 1-1-1 shortrib,brisket,sirloin,shallot,garlic. made the bun, sourdough,beer,herbs de provence,garlic powder,onion powder,devils dust. aged cheddar and bluecheese juicey luiceys. coulndt decide on blue or cheddar went with both. 10 slice bacon from the neighbor, grilled avocado. nipple pinche# waffle luvr4life

Excellent!

FreeportBum said:

worth seeing again ...

that is a good take on a Booma, too ... plate and table and natty light and all ...

totally ridiculoso, in the best possible way ...

Looks good, but you are taking the blurry pic requirement a bit too literally I think ...

It's a bit early for DC? lol ...  unless you started at lunch, and if so, :clap:

Back