food The Drunken Chef

SoFlo ManGravy, on the hook, hand written by SoFlo themself.
Ingredients? HA! It's a Seminole Secret. (bye the way, my given Seminole name is "shitgiver")
004ea575.jpg

aa5db46b.jpg

CJ is making Mrs. FD's Tomatoe Pie.... so sorry I didn't get progress pics. That is called a Cuba Libré CJ's dranken... Straight from SoFlo.....
It went from this....
af8b4986.jpg

To this SOFast!....
e8a6fa65.jpg

We'll get the Thighs on in a few....

OMG, Sorry y'all, um... things got all Mangos last night.
We drank and cooked and drank some more. We had a jam goin on, CJ was beating the life out of the Conga, and I was doing my best Milli Vinilli impression.

Dinner was awesome tho, Slow burnt the chicken thighs on the grill, about an hour and a half, low and slow.
CJ tossed the Asparagus with some Olive oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Garlic Salt, and a few dashes of Braggs Liquid Amino.
The tomato pie was off the hizook, Premade pie crust, (it's the DC right?), Layered Tomatoes, Fresh basil, and other secret stuff.
Sorry, but the recipe is privileged information, Just like the SoFlo ManGravy, which is like a cross between a wing sauce and a BBQ sauce.
I'm sworn to secrecy on that too. Y'all are just gonna have to trust me, and drool over the pictures...

4f47d737.jpg

33c2864b.jpg

b4691467.jpg

52cd7568.jpg

3965e981.jpg

d37fc967.jpg

3d240dfa.jpg

JAJAJAJAJAJAJA There you go Sum! Jealous much? JAJAJAJAJAJAJJAAJAJAJ

Here is some fun food i made after Thirsty Thursday in Asheville! I cant wait till i can do this with a jolokia or a scorpion. Nice and easy to make with thick cut bacon. had to microwave the tots for a moment before i could get the tooth picks to go through

48906345923687750_hVR0q0zJ_f.jpg

48906345923683860_KjPqVLlp_f.jpg

Haven’t been on here in a couple days, and I miss RM’s root beer float with Fatalii, pinoy Heineken braised pork, CJ & Scovi’s tom Pie & chick thighs coated with SoFlo mangravy and BigP’s tots and peno’s in a bacon wrapper. Damn they all look so good.

All this talk about the Tortilla TD was getting me hunger and when I was at my local market the other day they had warm fresh sweet white corn tortillas that I just couldn’t pass up.
So, ingredients: Dried NM red, dried pasilla chile, cilantro and you can figure out the rest.
IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

All in the pot with chicken and enough water to cover, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 1 ½ to 2 hours. Remove from heat strain and reduce liquid.
IMG_0758.jpg

Separate veggies and shred chicken, once liquid is reduced add to veggies in blender and puree.
IMG_0765.jpg

Take chicken and roll in the tortilla then on to hot CI, turning to brown. I was feeling a little good here :drunk: and hungry so I was a little rushed, and the chicken was a little dry, when I made the leftovers I mixed cream cheese, tomatoes, onion and peno’s in with the chicken, much better. Top with veggie puree, cheese and under broiler to melt. Plated with Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Anaheim Chili Peppers, thanks IamFCon http://thehotpepper.com/topic/28680-sweet-and-spicy-bacon-wrapped-stuffed-anaheim-chili-peppers/#entry577879 for the recipe, they were delicious.

IMG_0779.jpg

Back