food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

Scoville DeVille said:
<--- I am gonna just STFU.

Sig worthy, but mine's kinda full right now.  I'll leave you with some Ghostbusters dialogue instead....

Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff!

Venkman: Exactly.

Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling!

Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes!

Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!

Venkman: Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

I've never seen a wet taco ... can you pick it up? ...

I mean, I'm not sure what to make of a fork and knife taco, so I'm assuming it doesn't break? ...

grantmichaels said:
I've never seen a wet taco ... can you pick it up? ...
I mean, I'm not sure what to make of a fork and knife taco, so I'm assuming it doesn't break? ...

Come to Texas and eat some real deal Tex-Mex.

An enchilada is a wet taco.

That which was posted was just another Tex-Mexaficated version.

Who cares what it actually is?

I'd eat the hell out of it.

Texan's don't really give a fuck what anyone else thinks anyhow.

Aussie's don't either.

But then Aussie's are bastiges's.

Wait.

So are Texan's.

But then.

Sheeit.

I'm drunk and rambling.

Wikipedia:

This bread made from maize was later given the name tortilla (little cake) by the Spanish. In parts of southern Spain, the origin of many of the Spaniards conquering America,[4] a tortilla or tortillita is a crisp, thin, circular, fried cake made of chickpea meal. These tortillas, which apparently have their roots in southern Spain's Arabic heritage, look strikingly similar to the fried maize tortilla (or tostada).

The Spanish version is crispy, anyways ...
I think that's xilote.

I grew up on the AZ mexico border.. only wet tacos i've seen just came out the river. Enchiladas are wet burritos btw. Never been a fan of corn tortillas... too Corny for me. I like a flour one either heated in the oven to make a shell or just tossed on a flame for a few mins. Though frying one in bacon grease for a few seconds would be good too. 

Back