food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

D3monic said:
I grew up on the AZ mexico border.. only wet tacos i've seen just came out the river. Enchiladas are wet burritos btw. Never been a fan of corn tortillas... too Corny for me. I like a flour one either heated in the oven to make a shell or just tossed on a flame for a few mins. Though frying one in bacon grease for a few seconds would be good too. 

Now we got someone that knows some sheeit!!!!

Burn those fuquers!!!

Thank you and .... I love you maaan
but I like corn tortillas. The rules are the same!

Scoville DeVille said:

Now we got someone that knows some sheeit!!!!

Burn those fuquers!!!

Thank you and .... I love you maaan

but I like corn tortillas. The rules are the same!

We got some drunk tortilla lovah's all up in they 'thang here.

Sheeit.

Murder 'em, HTH!

Try some Chayote in your Pico de Gallo.

15729372283_d128b55d4d_b.jpg

Sauced up pulled pork. Pico with chayote is growing on me. Crisp.

grantmichaels said:
Someone clue me in on these soft corn tortillas?
Grant, "real" tacos are corn tortilla, not the crispy yellow ones, the white "soft" ones, but they are heated, by steaming or slightly browning, which makes them flexible so they do not break.

Most of the tacos in this thread are corn, "soft," as you call it. Sometimes flour, but usually that is a fajita.

What Sum just posted are corn. Sometimes the white corn looks like flour so that may be why you've never seen it. That, and the fact Taco Bell is not traditional! Get to a taqueria stat!

As for the slippery taco... never seen that. Looks like a wet noodle. And I'd really like to see TB eat an enchilada with his hands, since he calls them wet tacos.

Sum... DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure each time I eat tacos out of the back of some dilapidated $250 car without a license plate in the parking lot at work, that's taqueria equivalent ...

They are, in fact, quite good too =)

So why are you asking what a soft corn tortilla is? Or was it the fact it was slippery looking that confused you? That confused me too. The whole last page confused me. Especially TB saying that it's Tex-Mex because Texans don't care. But then he has strict rules on other foods. I don't get that really. TB you cray cray.

Sum that is some saucy tender lovin' my style right there. Chayote is good stuff too. Haven't had it in a long time, if I remember correctly, apple-like?

It's the slippery look ...

I can't imagine that it wouldn't either a) rip, or b) be like trying to mouthfist a giant snakehead ...

LOL.

I don't know why, but I found it fascinating ...

Sou vide the taco!!!

Ahahahahahahahaaha!

Then open a food truck with TB, The Slippery Hippie!

:rofl:

frdlturner said:
soft corn tortillas just tossed on a greased hot pan flipped over put on plate and fill them
I think you need to raise your pan temp to high. Either that or you just invented the slippery taco. Seems to be a hit. LOL. :)

The Hot Pepper said:

Sum that is some saucy tender lovin' my style right there. Chayote is good stuff too. Haven't had it in a long time, if I remember correctly, apple-like?

Chayote is good. Different and kind of hard to categorize in flavor. Crisp like a water chestnut. Maybe water chestnuts marinated in watered-down tequila could come close to approximating??? Perhaps a really crisp apple would come close to describing chayote's texture, but that's about it.

Place about 20min from me makes the best damn al pastor in a non traditional manor. They roast the meat on a gyro spit with onion and pineapple. Really good for a semi fast food joint. http://www.yelp.com/biz/burrito-parrilla-mexicana-naperville looks like i'm still one reviews on the top. Micheal D.

Another place near by makes a really good taco and table side guac but is more a fancy restraunt. Their Cochinita pibil is freaking amazing. They bring out 3 different kinds of salsa as well and the salsa verde is one the best I have had. 

http://www.magogrill.com/bolingbrook/dinner.html

It's great you have that by you. A lot of places cheat and don't cook the meat on the trompo. It's important for the flavor, and also the shaved cutting style. Thin tender slices with crusted edges.

D3monic said:
Another place near by makes a really good taco and table side guac but is more a fancy restraunt. Their Cochinita pibil is freaking amazing. They bring out 3 different kinds of salsa as well and the salsa verde is one the best I have had. 

http://www.magogrill.com/bolingbrook/dinner.html

You have some good places there my friend!

The Hot Pepper said:
It's great you have that by you. A lot of places cheat and don't cook the meat on the trompo. It's important for the flavor, and also the shaved cutting style. Thin tender slices with crusted edges.

You have some good places there my friend!

There's so much on Magos menu I want to try and I always end up ordering the Cochinita. Loved it so much I've tried making a few times. Never tastes as good as theirs but i'm getting it down. Smoking pork wrapped in banana leaves takes so freaking long though. 

What the taco double hockey sticks is going on!?

You guys are killing me softly with sweet taco sweat :shocked:
I have furdlturner with the dark local mexican joint and sum with the Miami local hot spot party scene im getting laid tonight taco special.

Im going face first into Miami then im sicmaning the furd.

Back