food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

The Hot Pepper said:

That's the traditional way! And one of my fave tacos.
gallery_2_2_3360141.jpg

gallery_2_2_4328864.jpg

That's Shawarma (Döner), not like tacos. The dough is not tortilla, It is a Arabic bread but slimmer.

Meat is more acidic, Turkish spicy sour yogurt is delicious 

cypresshill1973 said:
That's Shawarma (Döner), not like tacos. The dough is not tortilla, It is a Arabic bread but slimmer.

Meat is more acidic, Turkish spicy sour yogurt is delicious 

LOL, dude, those are my pics, I ate them.

Definitely tacos al pastor. ;) The trompo is foolin' ya, that's the only thing similar. I know what shwarmas, doners, and donairs (Canada) are, but these are tacos. :D

Someone brought the idea to Mexico a long time ago, and now tacos al pastor is traditional. Too bad you don't have them there! That's all Mexican though. Yes, tortillas. Salsa. Marinated pork. Guac. Etc. 

grantmichaels said:
Time for some slippery tacos ...

Oh hell no! The real deal Tex-Mex slippery taco???!!! Gotta see this!!!! :D

No need to apologize! Just try to get some if you can!!! :)

I got these at a small street set-up down the street from me they do in the summer. It's legit! Also got them many times in Mexico so I can compare.

Guac is too tempting to not put on anything when it's free. TB poo-poo'ed that pic once for the guac. lol.

Well then. That would explain why I don't get to eat at restaurants anymore!!!!

That, and they just can't make food better than me-n-Scov. I mean, we live in Twisp for cripes sake!!!!  :rofl:

I see you got the classy "Don Sonara" all up there.

Reminds of jack in the box tacos. Haventy seen one in maybe ten years but I remember them bastiges put a cheese slice in there. A cheese slice.

sicman said:
I see you got the classy "Don Sonara" all up there.

Reminds of jack in the box tacos. Haventy seen one in maybe ten years but I remember them bastiges put a cheese slice in there. A cheese slice.

They are one and the same Tacos. BK gets them from the same supplier. And yes, slice of Murican cheese and all. 

Back