food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

This will not compare to the awesomeness that Buddy posted above, God those look good, but I had tacos and took pics so here they are. Just your standard with some cholula and hellacious hot sauce mixed into the meat. Oh, and some queso for good measure, and a beer!

dang buddy. if there was no onion I would fly to the big brezzey and sicman your table. Consider yourself warned,lol.
Im also a fan of the one lettuce shred,lol.  Looking good Zman. Tacos just so happen to be on the menu tonight.

caught a mahi-mahi, made some blackened fish tacos with some of my gf's mexican grandmother's salsa that was shipped to us
fishtaco.jpeg

NOM!
I'm all over that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigB said:
caught a mahi-mahi, made some blackened fish tacos with some of my gf's mexican grandmother's salsa that was shipped to us

^
Reading this makes it even more amazing.

Yeah, me too - I was just waiting for someone else to go first, LOL ;)

That looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G ...

The color on the salsa, and the way the blackening looks, is really appealing ...

grantmichaels said:
Blah, blah what could possibly be wrong with that? ...
Hashbrowns instead of hashtags would have been nice, since you asked.

But, you've past the tipping point for me on the scallion's prep ...

I been watching ... course chop in some Asian lately, but here it's just too extreme ...

I assume you really like scallion ... I mean, I like scallion, but I mince slice 'em like 1/16" -> 1/4" ...

Still, tasty ...

grantmichaels said:
But, you've past the tipping point for me on the scallion's prep ...

I been watching ... course chop in some Asian lately, but here it's just too extreme ...

I assume you really like scallion ... I mean, I like scallion, but I mince slice 'em like 1/16" -> 1/4" ...

Still, tasty ...
Well they are growing in my window so when that fresh and I need green in they go!
The Hot Pepper said:
Hashbrowns instead of hashtags would have been nice, since you asked.
I almost went that route but this was really unplanned. I was about to foodsaver the rest of the chorizo hahahahah

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Well they are growing in my window so when that fresh and I need green in they go!

I almost went that route but this was really unplanned. I was about to foodsaver the rest of the chorizo hahahahah
Haha. It would have been good I'm sure but just a joke.

If you don't know about Big Data and trying to derive meaning from the fire-hose, then it seems like some 4chan shit ...

But, log on to Twitter and follow a #ferguson or #teapartyparty or something polarized for a while, and it quickly makes sense ... even brings a smile!

It's like the capitalization of a proper noun, but not ... common core, STEM ... out w/ the cursive, in with the tokens/decorators ...
JoynersHotPeppers said:

I'm going to assume, having not grown any (but almost did), that they are much more turgid when they are freshly picked - versus grocery store ...

Are they a little more subtle, or have other notes when fresh, that have since escaped when bought (from time spent processing, shipping etc)? ...

I don't like when my teeth can't saw through the out layer, and the inside rings (although in your case, cylinders, lol) pop out ...

Back