food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

Sorry a little pic heavy

Fresh out the oven, drowning in juices

Shredded and showing off how ruined the pan now appears (GF favorite pan and I always smoke with it. Drives her nuts)

Shaping flour tortilla shells in the oven so they stand on their own

Making some crispies in bacon love juice

Finished product topped with Queso fresca, home made salsa I prepped last night, sauteed onions and avocado that was salted and drizzled with lime juice. 

Live action shot

Holy yes, please ...

I don't know if I've had this type of pork, but I'm going to have to try it because the ingredients seem like I would like 'em ... a lot.

Yeah, so that is awesome.

Onliest other thing I want to see is you make one and pour some of those drippings on it and then the action shot of it running down your arms as you shove it in your Sicman hole.

I usually think of tacos as corn tortillas only but then I think of fajitas and I love fajitas!!! So please excuse me for saying KILLER FAJITAS but that's how I have to look at them. I know, weird. Yup, I am. LOL.

JayT said:
Yeah, so that is awesome.

Onliest other thing I want to see is you make one and pour some of those drippings on it and then the action shot of it running down your arms as you shove it in your Sicman hole.

there was a healthy dribble on the plate. I love queso fresco and wanted a lot more but i'm lactose intolerant. I'm still bloated and sad from some ranch dip and smoked bahamian goat powder I had last night. 

Frickin dairy, always sitting around, smelling weird and dripping from cow tits. Can't tolerate it. 
The Hot Pepper said:
I usually think of tacos as corn tortillas only but then I think of fajitas and I love fajitas!!! So please excuse me for saying KILLER FAJITAS but that's how I have to look at them. I know, weird. Yup, I am. LOL.

I hate corn tortillas. Not a big fan of corn in general. But def not the tortillas. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ImOtd31XIA

I don't mean the American crisp yellow ones but yeah I can dig on those I just have to call them fajitas in my mind lol. Very very nice!!!! Were you happy with it?

I like that you crisped one side of larger chunks... you weren't drying out the meat... cheers!

The Hot Pepper said:
I don't mean the American crisp yellow ones but yeah I can dig on those I just have to call them fajitas in my mind lol. Very very nice!!!! Were you happy with it?

I like that you crisped one side of larger chunks... you weren't drying out the meat... cheers!

They was killer, I was worried they would end up too spicy between all the pequins, 2 pablanos, red jalapeno and 2 habaneros but it was just right for the family. Could have used more cumin... every time I make it I say that though. One day I will just  put like a quarter cup of the crap on it. 

Cumin, yeah. I can see why you'd be afraid to overpower. Try some toasted cumin seeds next time. Toast them so they release the oils and use them in your rub. Along with cumin powder. You get a milder toasty cumin flavor along with the powdered. It may work to enhance that cumin experience for you w/o overpowering.

Fantastic anyway. 

Shuddddup. I already said it was for me in my head and I'm weird. To accept the flour tortillas.

I do see grilled onions!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or somehow cooked. Roasted with pork. Yum.

fuck yeah D3! Pic heavy it up!!!

I think I saw somewhere you were from AZ. Weird that you don't dig proper corn torts for tacos. 

Go Sun Devils!

SumOfMyBits said:
f**k yeah D3! Pic heavy it up!!!

I think I saw somewhere you were from AZ. Weird that you don't dig proper corn torts for tacos. 

Go Sun Devils!

Yea I know, prolly why I got burnt out on them. Even as a kid there I preferred flour. Used to go to filibertos and get giant quesadillas. tortillas so big even folded in half they hung off every side of the plate... hell I kept going even after health department got ahold of them for using dog meat. I mean I was just eating cheese and tortillas any how cause that's all my poor ass could afford. 

10.5.10_JesseKovacs_RozlynPapa_RobbyDescant_NatalieGetz_PinkTaco_Photo-Credit-ScottHarrison-570.jpg

Back