food The General Taco thread. All things taco.

D3monic said:

Yea I know, prolly why I got burnt out on them. Even as a kid there I preferred flour. Used to go to filibertos and get giant quesadillas. tortillas so big even folded in half they hung off every side of the plate... hell I kept going even after health department got ahold of them for using dog meat. I mean I was just eating cheese and tortillas any how cause that's all my poor ass could afford. 

Filibertos in Tempe? I lived down the street from them for a decade +. That was some damn good drunk food! And you had to order in Spanish or they'd F your shit up. Loved it.
The dog meat thing was a farce. They got busted for tax evasion and changed their name.

Yea I spent a  quite few years in Tempe, there was more than one though. They was a chain in the area. One my best friends broke a bunch of shit falling down T mountain. I moved to nebraska for a few years then back to Phoenix off 35th and baseline.  Really crappy area living in a crack motel. Every window in a 10 mile radius barred and boarded.  I went to grade and middle school in Tempe and my step brothers went to Tempe high. 

Lol, yesterday other chili.
Some ground beef/pork mix.
Fried a bit onion, added salt and bp, then carrots and celery and some dried parsley. Continued to cook adding water as needed.
After a while on another pan cooked meat with evo, cumin, hot pepper/garlic mix powder, hot pepper flakes, a bit of curry, my kiwifruit/cinnamon/moruga/fatalii jam.
Put together, added diced red bell pepper, added canned San Marzano, then some mexican beans near the end, regulating salt.

iYHxCSxlnIkQD.jpg

ibafkSlZiH3oA3.jpg

imzGpxbqUOCfR.jpg

ibzBXRE3UF8s9Q.jpg

On last pic some more jam and a barbecue sauce (why didn't i used that on burrito? I just forgot).

Fried up a few pieces of bacon then heated up some Cochinita I had vacuum sealed from the other day. Sauteed in bacon grease with onions, fire roasted pablano and habanero with some soap weed and queso fresco cheese and bacon. ... not sure if this should be in the left over thread or here. 

Blackened Redfish Magic, believe it or not, is just, well ... awesome-sauce ...

I tried to do better myself, and couldn't ... more than once ...

That Paul Prudhomme nailed that one, although the rest of his line I dumped off on the shop guy's at work ...

Looks great to me!  Blackening is all about spices and heat.  Some here will tell you about butter etc, but it really is about a fiery hot pan some sort of oil or butter and a good coating of spices on the fish/meat.

Back